• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Cocaine Questions to anyone who has Overdosed when smoking crack

tallerthanmost78

Greenlighter
This is my first post, sorry if I am doing something wrong, though I did read the rules.

When I say OD I basically mean anything life threatening or close to death (seizure, heart attack, stroke, serious issues, etc). This applies to smoking only please

If you remember, how soon after the hit did you OD? What happened and how did you survive? How heavy of a smoker are/were you?

I've smoked a fair amount in my past (its been 4+ months since heavy use) but lately I've only been smoking a gram or less once every few weeks (though I take large hits) because of anxiety and fear of overdosing. I'm not sure how much is anxiety/panic and how much is actual cardiovascular symptoms but really all I've experienced is heavy chest (like a small child is sitting on me, usually comes 10 minutes after the hit) on my heart, and brief few tingles (not numbness) usually either left foot or left arm. No pain.

I usually end up throwing my stuff away and go sober for a few weeks and then relapse, ultimately I'd like to be sober and already know the right thing to do so please no pep talk. But right now I'm curious about my question above. Thank you.

When I’ve had what I believe to be a crack over dose I’ve literally just started shaking from the inside out- if I’m standing- I’m about to go down. This is after smoking probly a gram in a 2 minute span like

It was the beginning of 2021 or last year, and it was really scary, didn’t stop me from continuing using but T least I chilled out on crack lmao, I was smoking from a bong but put ash in the bowl. I smoked what could’ve probably been a 50 piece to the face, and normally my partner at the time helped me figure out what would be too much but I just went for it stupidly. I had a grand mal seizure. I had taken the hit and the lights were on, I tuned around towards my partner and then it was like a finger snapped and I was on my back on the floor and the lights were off, my partner was explaining I just had a seizure and an ambulance was coming. I was extremely confused and it took me awhile to take everything in, my partner explained that after I had turned to them I stopped and let out this awful scream or moan, they described it as sounding horrible and just off, nothing normal. And I fell to my knees, then the floor and started convulsing. I hit my head on the canned food we had near by so they rushed to me and held me and my head so I didn’t slam it against the floor/cans anymore. It didn’t last long but they said it felt like it just due to being so scared and not knowing exactly how to react and what was going on until they called 911. I denied going to the hospital when the ambulance got there, I was scared and don’t trust hospitals. I also didn’t believe I had a seizure, but after the ambulance left and we were cuddling trying to comfort each other and talking about it I was able to start putting things together better. I stayed away from crack for a bit after that but there were a couple times after that I didn’t have a seizure but passed out and came back to. Still scary though. Nothing was scary enough to stop me from continuing to use. If my partner hadn’t been there I’m not sure what else would’ve happened. Been clean for awhile though and hopefully can continue doing so ^^

It was the beginning of 2021 or last year, and it was really scary, didn’t stop me from continuing using but T least I chilled out on crack lmao, I was smoking from a bong but put ash in the bowl. I smoked what could’ve probably been a 50 piece to the face, and normally my partner at the time helped me figure out what would be too much but I just went for it stupidly. I had a grand mal seizure. I had taken the hit and the lights were on, I tuned around towards my partner and then it was like a finger snapped and I was on my back on the floor and the lights were off, my partner was explaining I just had a seizure and an ambulance was coming. I was extremely confused and it took me awhile to take everything in, my partner explained that after I had turned to them I stopped and let out this awful scream or moan, they described it as sounding horrible and just off, nothing normal. And I fell to my knees, then the floor and started convulsing. I hit my head on the canned food we had near by so they rushed to me and held me and my head so I didn’t slam it against the floor/cans anymore. It didn’t last long but they said it felt like it just due to being so scared and not knowing exactly how to react and what was going on until they called 911. I denied going to the hospital when the ambulance got there, I was scared and don’t trust hospitals. I also didn’t believe I had a seizure, but after the ambulance left and we were cuddling trying to comfort each other and talking about it I was able to start putting things together better. I stayed away from crack for a bit after that but there were a couple times after that I didn’t have a seizure but passed out and came back to. Still scary though. Nothing was scary enough to stop me from continuing to use. If my partner hadn’t been there I’m not sure what else would’ve happened. Been clean for awhile though and hopefully can continue doing so ^^
So basically it happened about as soon as I exhaled and turned around, and I used to use pretty often for a few years at that time. Most of my OD’s were immediate, or didn’t take longer than 15 minutes to set in but for the last bit of time before getting clean I was an IV user other than with crack not sure if any of that has an effect or impact on that but thought I’d share as well

I'm not sure how much is anxiety/panic and how much is actual cardiovascular symptoms
It's hard to say cause crack produces both massive anxiety and heavy vessel constriction.
Maybe you could take a safe pharma benzo 20 mints prior or just after you hit the pipe. In case than your symptoms were anxiety related you should get serious relief,
Anyway, feeling like a kid Sitting on your chest should be indication enough for you to try and replanteate a couple of things, maybe that crack smoking isn't worthing it that much
Hope and wish everything will be ok for you

One time I smoked like 200 dollars worth of hard and I had a massive panic attack to the point where I couldn't even talk right, it felt extremely weird, like a panic attack with other side effects, I thought I was dying so I went to the emergency room and my heart rate went up to almost 170. Come to find out the cocaine raised my potassium levels to a dangerous point. So that in combination with the crack induced anxiety and panic is what caused me to react in such a strange way. I can't really describe the feeling, it was like a panic attack times 10

When I first started, I had some res built up. Also had some half cooked goop (about a gram). Ended up loading all the goop and about .5g of resin. All I remember is waking up not knowing who I was, where, and how. Lasted about a minute after the initial black out (about a minute?).
Got to the point that day, did so much in a short period of time. I got to the point of almost feeling drunk. Stopped after of course when the drugs and cash went dry.