• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Questions regarding new generic suboxone.

marsnd

Bluelighter
So I have been on suboxone film for over 22 years now. I have pieced m
Y life back together and succeeded throughout my life and career with these strips. I take 2 and a half 8mg/2mg strips a day. For the last year however I have been paying over 500 a month to maintain my sobriety. The sacrifice has been worth it, even though it has cost me my savings. I now am on my wifes secondary insurance who told us they would cover the suboxone at 50 dollars vs the 500 plus I was paying before. I was told for a year my insurance would not cover an alternative even before, hense the reason I've paid so much to stay sober. Today they told my wife my suboxone would be covered but the generic form? I wasn't aware there was a generic strip. Or ever told by my pharmacist that there was either. My question is simple. Is anyone taking this generic suboxone? If so, does it work effectively in comparison to the regular strips? I can't seem to find too much info on this on the web. Looks like a lot of generics got shot down over the last 6 months, and some are not generic suboxone. Sublov or others are not covered in the past with me either. What is your experience? Is it the same dosages, and half life? Any info is appreciated. Just another addict trying to use subs to continue my life. Not looking for any set backs or getting sick because the strength is not the same. I need to know what to expect. Thanks all

So if Im understanding the question correctly, you are asking if Generic Suboxone is just as good as Brand Name Suboxone?

If so... According to the FDA, any generic medicine modeled after a brand-name medicine must perform the same in the body as the brand-name medicine. This standard applies to all generic medicines. A generic medicine is the same as a brand-name medicine in dosage, safety, effectiveness, strength, stability, and quality, as well as in the way it is taken and the way it should be used. Generic medicines use the same active ingredients as brand-name medicines and work the same way, so they have the same risks and benefits as the brand-name medicines. The FDA Generic Drugs Program conducts a rigorous review to make certain generic medicines meet these standards.

What is the suboxone used for?

Suboxone is a prescription medicine that is used to treat opiate addiction. It can help with cravings and it also alleviates and potentially eliminate opioid withdrawal symptoms altogether.

Suboxone contains two medicines. Buprenorphine and Naloxone. Buprenorphine is a partial opiate agonist and Naloxone helps reverse the effects of opiates (ever hear of Narcan? Its used to help reverse overdoses).

The usual starting dose is 4mg.

Hopefully this helped :)

Have you started the generic sub ? I’m new to this site and curious if the generic is just as good and helps with some of the sickness from dope .

Green lighters, can you read? Basically the FDA says generics preform the same as name brand. The difference is probably minimal at best. As a online person, what some people sy online doesnt mean anything . Don't by the hype. There fine. I know this because the FDA says so.

Green lighters, can you read? Basically the FDA says generics preform the same as name brand. The difference is probably minimal at best. As a online person, what some people sy online doesnt mean anything . Don't by the hype. There fine. I know this because the FDA says so.
Obviously I can read !! Ok since the FDA says it’s all
Good then it has to be On point . People don’t care about drug addicts do you think they will care if that generic stuff works . Rules and regulations gotta believe all them bougie people right !! You must be team trump !! But hey thanx for the wise words ??

Shit, I'm team This better work the same. Different rules. Doesn't matter who is in office. Every agency is there own people,
they mess up, you gotta call them out, and make them accountable. Easer said then done, but issues can be taken care of with some persistence .

Hey Buddy, I would consider this to be great news and leave it at that. Some people make a lot of noise about generic prescription drugs, but all in all, they are typically the same as their brand-name counterparts. It's not like this shit is not tested prior to going on the market. People can't just say, "I'm selling Suboxone pills" without someone check the veracity of their statement and the purity of the pills.

Of course, in the past there have been sporadic issues related to all prescription drugs. Sometimes they're poisonous, sometimes they cause cancer, sometimes the pills contain no active ingredient. The important thing to realize is that these issues are not the norm. Generic prescriptions will contain the same active ingredient as the brand-name ones and if there is an issue, we can cross that bridge when we come to it. I think it's absolutely ludicrous that it costs you so much just to get treatment. The same folks who are partially responsible for the Opioid crisis are now making money hand over fist selling the drugs used to treat the problem. It's pure evil.

For now, I would just celebrate the fact that you don't have to pay 500$ a month for Buprenorphine treatment anymore!!!!

I just got the new generic today had to pay cash because I had a lapse in health insurance. Come to find out it’s made by the same company that made and had the patent on suboxone. They created this generic. It’s the same exact 12 strip with the letter N and number 12 on the strip. Works like a champ. Nothing different about it. Almost 16 dollars a strip from the pharmacy with no insurance. Chaps my ass! Lol

Have you started the generic sub ? I’m new to this site and curious if the generic is just as good and helps with some of the sickness from dope .
Just got the new generic today. It’s made by the same company who makes and had the patent on suboxone. It’s good shit. Works just as good. No difference. If I put a generic 12 in your hand and a suboxone 12 you couldn’t tell the difference unless you looked at the wrapper

Pharmacy Tech here and also take the generic product. The active ingredients are exactly the same, buprenorphine and naloxone and the dosage is the same. Generic simply means that the patent has run its course and can be produced by any manufacturer. There may be a difference in some of the binders and any color or flavoring, but that's about it.

Because the active ingredients are the same, it will have the same pharmacokinetic profile, i.e effects, duration, metabolism, etc. And a company selling a generic that wasn't comparable to the Brand name would break so many laws it's not funny. The company would also be liable for any adverse reactions. The cost is not worth the risk.

In fact, if you're on other medications, you're probably taking a generic. Many states have generic substitution laws that require a pharmacy to automatically dispense the generic version as a way of saving patients money. The only exceptions are when the doctor writes "Dispense as written" (in which case if the doctor wrote the brand name then the pharmacy must dispense the brand name) and cases where the drug is still under its patent.

Personally, I was switched from the brand name to the generic when the patent expired and didn't notice a difference.

Lolll yeah cause we trust the FDA. This made me giggle. The government said it, it must be true ?

For the record, I do believe the bupe works just as effective as sub