• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Questions regarding Methamphetamine

Villian3one0

Greenlighter
Hi, everyone, I am a new user, but have been reading Bluelight posts for a while now. This is my first post, I'm just learning how the site works. I had a question about methamphetamine that I asked my new friend Drug_Mentor, and he suggested that I make this post. I recently started doing ice again three weeks ago, after staying completely away from it for around 3 years. A friend of mine has been giving me it, the first time it was a half gram, second time a half gram, third time a whole gram, but this last time an 8ball. My ROA is snorting lines. It's usually pleasent, and I can usually be able to eat and sleep on it, but won't be tired or hungry. Several times I stayed up for a couple days. Right now I have been doing it for about a week straight. The last few days I haven't been getting as high, I was wondering if it had something to do with me using it on a long binge, and gaining a tolerance, or if my receptors are just getting burned out. Also a few times I have had panick attacks, or that is what I am assuming they were. One example is that after being up for a night, and doing my last line at 8-9am(this was a couple of weeks ago by the way) I was feeling pretty good, until around 11:30 am, I was walking in the park, and all of a sudden my heart was beating out of control, I began to see colored lights, my vision became blurry, and I was sweating a lot. It has happened a couple other times since then,but not quite as intense as that first time, that was the worst. So the few other times my heart would just beat super fast, and everytime I just got prepared, became nervous, but then tried to remain as calm as possible. Anyways, I was wondering what was that experience, and if I should take a break from partying for a while, and to let my dopamine/serotonin recover. I am usually sober, but since that I have been getting hooked up with this ice, I said why not? I really appreciate you're help, and time. I was also wondering how long would it take for those receptors to recover, and how long should I wait until the next time to party, and what should I use/do to help my body/mind recover?

Having you been doing that amount all at once? If so, that is quite a bit. I can see why you have been having panic attacks.

Your receptors are burnt out - that would be downregulation, which happens when the cell attempt to maintain homeostasis and actively deconstructs the receptors and internalizes them in the presence of the excess monamines.

You are having these problems from excessive catecholamines in your synapses - norepineprine and dopamine. Once the initial rush of methamphetamine wears off, that doesn't mean your neurotransmitters do.

You still have GREATLY elevated norepinephrine level for up to 24 hours after using dosages that large, which is why you had the symptoms so long after.

I can't tell you to take a break or not, but I think you should, for the sake of your body - and your panic reactions are your body telling you your dosage is too large.

Start small and work your way up. You also conserve that way! :)

I also can't tell you how long your receptors will take to recover, as it varies from person. But it takes quite a while, and drug use causes changes in the brain, so they will never fully recover to their original state.

To recover? Get SLEEP, NUTRITION, EXERCISE.

I have probably been going through a half gram or so every two days. When I did it at first I was really spun, but now it's just a buzz. I don't know much about redosing on this, so I would just rack another line every hour. I'm just going to tap out on it, after partying on it for a week straight. I still have a good amount of the 8 ball left, I'm just going to save it, and not touch any of it for a few weeks. When I do break it out, I'm just going to do it that day, since it isn't good to keep on binging. Would you say that is a good amount of time to wait? Also would you say that mdma and methamphetamine have similar effects on the mind, and the neurotransmitters? Oh, and thank you for you're feedback, I appreciate it.

Oh, your're welcome. :)

Yes, that is a good amount of time.

MDMA and methamphetamine have similar stimulant effects, and the same effects on norepinephrine and dopamine. But MDMA has serotonergic releasing properties that methamphetamine lacks, giving it what is known as entactogen or empathogengenic properties. This is what distinguishes it from the typical amphetamines, such as methamphetamine and dextroamphetamine.

You can read about entactogens as a class of drugs here:

http://www.entactogens.com/index.html

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Empathogen-entactogen

https://psychonautwiki.org/wiki/Entactogen

They are completely different drugs with completely different effects.

But methamphetamine does have mild effects on serotonin, so mixing MDMA with it could cause a potentially fatal syndrome known as serotonin syndrome, so be careful NOT to mix the two.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serotonin_syndrome

Ok, now I am having pain in my sides, I'm not sure, but it can be the kidneys. Yeah I'm done with this shit for a while.

Yeah, it could be. Is it towards your back? What color is your methamphetamine?

If it is bad and/or lingers, go to the hospital. This isn't something to play around with. Contaminants CAN cause kidney/other organ damage.

I hope you stay well...

Yeah towards my lower back, the meth was white. Ive been drinking a lot of water, and taking milk thistle

Like milky white? It wasn't crystal? That must've had a lot shit in it. If you can get to GNC and buy some NAC, as well. They give this intravenously for APAP overdose. It has been shown to help with kidney failure.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16221220

But if it lingers and remains bad, you really should seek help, at least urgent care if you have one. They don't drug test, at least the one in my area doesn't

The meth, has like a foggy look to it. It Was just one shard that weighed about 3.7 grams, I was chipping pieces off of it, and crushing it into lines. For a while I was having that bad pain, but it has gone down a lot now. Yeah, there is a urgent care in town, if the pain comes back or something else weird happens, I will head over there.

There's still a good chunk of it left, but I don't plan on touching it for a while. I've been drinking a lot of water, and took a milk thistle, and a co q 10. My temperature seemed to be pretty high, and I was sweating a lot. But now I'm cooling down. I forced myself to eat something too. For a minute, I was barely able to walk, I thought I was going to black out.

That is from the increased catecholamine levels, specifically norepinephrine, which will increase your body temperature and cause something known as hyperhidrosis - excessive sweating.

Was this upon standing? Did you stand up and get dizzy and your vision diminish and get blurry?

Yes, when standing up, and walking from one room to another. Yeah, the binge has dealt it's damage upon me. One thing I don't understand is my Uncle Don for example, he has been using meth for like 30 years, he takes somas, and norcos daily, smokes cigarettes like a chimney, doesn't eat right, drinks beer daily, drinks several cans of Monster energy drinks and yet he never has any issues.

Most likely. But it's still crazy though about Don, how he can mix all of those together, and he's like 56.

That's true. But I think Hannibal said, "You will feel fine up until the precise moment that you don't." You can't go on like that forever. Here's to his good health, though. May it continue. :)

I think you just got fuuucking unlucky... Or the binge just got to you. You need a break. Lots of rest. Water. Healthy food.