• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Questions regarding DMT

I saw a news story of a traveller who died out in the rainforest, somewhere in South America, after using ayahuasca. The 'shaman' who was supposed to be looking out for them didn't even report it. I can't remember the exact details but there was a whole 60 Minutes thing about it. With ayahuasca brews though, there is the addition of an MAOI (the ayahuasca vine) to make the DMT active as a tea and MAOIs can have bad reactions with some medications, even some foods apparently.

Vaped/smoked DMT, there is an account in Tihkal of someone losing consciousness, not breathing and requiring CPR. When they came to, they said they'd been in a place of pure ecstasy. I've read a few reports similar to that and knowing the intensity of the drug.. I think it would be possible. Very unlikely, but possible.

I have heard a lot of different experiences from using it. I've heard of people who have used it traveling to other dimesions, and seeing ethereal beings.

I saw a news story of a traveller who died out in the rainforest, somewhere in South America, after using ayahuasca. The 'shaman' who was supposed to be looking out for them didn't even report it. I can't remember the exact details but there was a whole 60 Minutes thing about it. With ayahuasca brews though, there is the addition of an MAOI (the ayahuasca vine) to make the DMT active as a tea and MAOIs can have bad reactions with some medications, even some foods apparently
Often cases of ayahuasca going wrong/fatal are the additions of things such as datura to the mix.
I'm sure you could quite easily find out DMT's LD/50 ...i did a quick search and found this document, which discusses the lethal dose of DMT.
Basically it depends on a lot of variables, and probably a lot between individuals.

I heard about a guy who had a heart attack from smoking pure DMT but he already suffered a heart condition. It wouldn't be a good thing to do if you had heart or blood pressure problems but for most its safe.