• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Questions for first time kratom use.

oreocub

Bluelighter
Hey, so I've never used kratom and interested in the uses as a sedative or anti-anxiety medicine. The kratom in mind is white bali, does anyone have any experiences with kratom in general, and assuming the kratom is moderately potent, how much should be taken in terms of grams?

The main reason I'm interested in kratom is to use for my anti-anxiety and hand tremors. It's a central nervous depressant on some strains from what I read. But I'm also considering using this to prevent any of my current and future use of xanax, (which I generally don't like for anything but sleep) and rather not get addicted to.

In conclusion, how much should be used for a therapeutic dose or buzz, and your past experiences with kratom.

Kratom has done wonders for my anxiety but the white vein strains tend to be more stimulating, so you may want to go with a red vein, and i would advise starting at 2g just to test if you enjoy the feeling, and then work your way up to about 3-5g depending on what you want out of it. Also, always try to take it on an empty stomach, it helps infinitely.

Also i have been addicted to kratom before, so do watch out for it. Its not as bad as hydro or oxy, but it has its own shitty dysphoria and restlessness as well.

^^
Red vein is good, I also like plain leaf bali a lot. Great for anti-anxiety. Don't start with anything over 5g, even when I had a habit, my stomach couldn't handle more than 5 or 6 grams.

Not to disappoint you, but in my personal experience, kratom has always been very stimulating for me, and tends to make me shaky and feeling strung out, especially in higher doses. It has stimulant alkaloids in addition to the opioid ones, and for me the former definitely tends to outweigh the latter. I have a tolerance though, and am sensitive to stimulants, so that could definitely be why.

Ah shoot I picked the wrong strain, but no worries.

Last edited:
White vein is excellent for confidence and euphoria but yeah, feels way more like a stimulant to me. Still relieves anxiety though.

I've tried a couple different types of red vein and they're all decent enough for relaxation but my favorite is high quality plain leaf bali. It doesn't exactly feel sedating to me but it's good for when you want to just sit back and chill out, I find all strains to be great for anxiety simply because of the euphoria, but red leaf strains and plain bali are the only ones that don't feel speedy to me.

White vein is excellent for confidence and euphoria but yeah, feels way more like a stimulant to me. Still relieves anxiety though.

I've tried a couple different types of red vein and they're all decent enough for relaxation but my favorite is high quality plain leaf bali. It doesn't exactly feel sedating to me but it's good for when you want to just sit back and chill out, I find all strains to be great for anxiety simply because of the euphoria, but red leaf strains and plain bali are the only ones that don't feel speedy to me.

Well I dosed maybe 18 oz of "tea" with three tablespoons of powder three hours ago, there's defiantly a change in confidence and maybe mood. I'm glad that I could pass it off as tea in public, maybe help me taper my daily amphetamine use too.

In anycase, do you know any legal drugs that help with anxiety? Not asking for sources, just drugs that help with anxiety.

Kratom will likely only increase your shakiness, but it can be very helpful for anxiety in the short-term. However, I wouldn't suggest using kratom every day because you will find the effects diminishing rather quickly.

Since alkaloid content in any given sample of powdered kratom leaf can differ wildly, listing doses in grams is rather arbitrary and difficult to work with unless you actually have some sort of mass scale. For new users, I would suggest no more than 1 rounded teaspoon of loose powder at once. Starting with a rounded 0.5 teaspoon will acquaint you with threshold effects as well. As I see that you have already dosed, this information may be pointless now. However it is worth noting that dosing with the "toss and wash" method is much more effective than making a tea. It is very difficult to extract all of the alkaloids with making a tea as compared to your stomach doing all of the work for you with the raw powder. Personally, I have found that toss-and-washing 2 rounded teaspoons feels equivalent to making a tea [with the same sample] with 3 rounded teaspoons in which the kratom powder is lightly boiled for 15 minutes and then filtered through an old, thin t-shirt. Depending on how you make the tea, you are likely wasting much, much alkaloid potential! I would stick with toss-and-washing smaller amounts and building up from there.

Last edited:
Kratom has a very dirty high I have to take high doses with no tolerance and it still feels off

oh and takinbg drugs for anxiety is a stupid thing to do in my experience it's only going to make the symptoms worse in the long run, the way to go would be to change your lifestyle and get into some kind of therapy.

I got some Kratom a week ago and it doesn't feel like terditional opiates because of the other alkaloids but I do in fact find it euphoric. I have minimal tolerance to opiates so that also contributes to the effects. I find its defeinly like Tramadol. It has the body buzz and is more stimulating. I find all the viens stimulating but white vein is defeinly the most stimulating. Like others have said red veins are a lot less stimulating. I'd keep it under 5-6 grams. The first time I took 10grams thinking it was standard dose and got pretty light headed/nauseas.

I'd say 2.5 grams for a first time user with no previous opiod use history.

I highly recommend the method of measuring your dose, adding it to an empty 20oz water bottle, filling the bottle with water, capping it and shaking until the kratom is all mixed in and then chugging it. I find that the onset of kratom action is MUCH faster this way, and the duration of effects seem longer too.

First timers, keep in mind that kratom IS addictive, so approach with due respect. It's probably about as addictive as codeine is - maybe just a little less so. Certainly more addictive then coffee, but nowhere near 'hard' drugs like oxycodone or heroin.

I do think that using it as a potential replacement for xanax in this case is a great idea - hope it works for you. I'd much rather have a small kratom habit for anxiety then be a daily xanax user.

Legal drugs that help anxiety are L Theanine..very cheap yet effective..

Kratom, I tend to not like the white strains as much as red strains..white strains are great for when u are more active but there are times when I've felt too stimulated from it..if you want a relaxed yet very functional feeling go with red maeng da or Borneo/Bali...

I've heard that kava is a very effective natural anti-anxiety medicine too. I've tried it a few times, definitely has a little sedation to it.