• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Questions concerning not losing muscle during bed rest.

xxsicknessxx

Bluelighter
I had hernia repair sugary yesterday. I'm unsure how long until I can lift dumbbells again and I'm wondering about basic advise I mean I'm eating enough protein... But if I can work out for two weeks or two months is there any tricks to save the muscle I just gained? I was thing a squeeze ball every day in each hand might help a little.

I had hernia repair sugary yesterday. I'm unsure how long until I can lift dumbbells again and I'm wondering about basic advise I mean I'm eating enough protein... But if I can work out for two weeks or two months is there any tricks to save the muscle I just gained? I was thing a squeeze ball every day in each hand might help a little.
It does indeed, I do the same to not lose force in my hands. I'm currently bedridden:/

I maintained a ton of muscle that I had from when I was serious about bodybuilding and I still enjoy it as a hobby to this day but had to stop a few months ago due to serious addiction getting out of control and basically took over my life. But even when I was just using hydromorphone IV and nothing rlse , it was heavy use daily, I maintained an above average physique and maintained majority of my muscle from my sober days simply because I was eating enough and I guess the right things wasn't too much of a junk food eater back then. So to my surprise I was able to stay above 200lb while lean from eating and that was it eventually I had stopped lifting because I figured what's the point if i was still in addiction no longer able to make progress. But when crack introduced itself and gripped my very soul that's when I lost the gains, had basically stopped eating almost completely and dropped from 205-210ish lean to I'm guessing 185-190 even leaner but weak looking. Hope this info helps answer your question.

Keep the protein high and healthy fats.

Ask your Dr. For a glutamine drip as well