• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Questions about Vyvanse usage (beginner)

john1995

Greenlighter
Hey everyone. I'm a 20 year old male who drinks maybe once a month and doesn't smoke anymore. (smoked only weed a couple times about a year ago). I got vyvanse prescribed at 40mg to help study but oh man, it feels better than anything else I've ever had. More than being drunk or high or both combined. It makes me just sit at home and I know this is going to sound pathetic.

I get being drunk makes you sociable and go out. Smoking weed relaxes you. But the enjoyment I get out of taking vyvanse for fun and just reading forums or typing/talking ESPECIALLY talking is incredible. It feels amazing and best of all, I don't feel guilty or worried that I'd get caught by my parents lol.

I take 40mg couple times a month to study for exams. I once did 80mg, once did 160mg and the 160mg felt absolutely amazing. That day has to be the best day I've had from any drugs even moreso than going out and getting drunk for the first time. I can't imagine how much fun it'd be to take such a high dose with another girl haha.

If anyone can answer these questions, I'd greatly appreciate it.

1) What's a safe recreational dose to use? (I'm 5"11 175lb 12% body fat. that's me in my avi, I lift)

2) How often can you run doses like 120-160mg a month for recreational use? I'd feel bad doing it more than once a month but it feels so nice with no visibly detrimental effects.

3) I would use it more often but I'm afraid my tolerance will build up and I don't want this feeling to go away.

4) I know everyone says adderall is way better but I chose vyvanse because I once took adderall and it made me too jumpy and hardly lasted. Now I kinda wish I could feel the adderall high instead of the slower tapered vyvanse high but is there any way to make the high off of vyvanse feel better?

5) What are some fun things to do when you're high on vyvanse?

The reason why I love vyvanse is honestly because:

1) I'm cutting right now to single digit body fat and it supresses my hunger. As pathetic as it may seem, I don't have the willpower to diet down lol. I've eaten 3200-4300 calories daily for the past two years and went from 124-174lb. I have an incredibly fast metabolism and when I decrease calories to 3800 to lose weight (yes I lose weight at 2800 because of my metabolism; a gift and a curse), I get so cranky lol.

2) Parents are against drinking and smoking and I don't personally feel good doing either.

3) Vyvanse doesn't make me want to go out or do reckless things and it also helps me focus. I actually ENJOY talking and spending time with family. Normally, I legit just want to do my work and lift and eat and sleep.

Any answers or recommendations on how to improve the high or safe doses and frequencies of getting high? Should I ask my psychiatrist to switch me to adderall? I don't know what excuse I'd make and he'd be sketched out but I heard that even the 160mg dose I took is only like 60mg adderall. That 160mg felt amazing.

That's all I have to say. I'm on 40mg currently and have had none for a week and I am enjoying it right now. I wish I had more but I don't have any because I gave some to my friend who needs it to cut body fat for the summer as well lol. Wish I had kept some more.

Thank you for any help at all!!

Enjoy it while it lasts lol. If you like vyvanes don't ever do meth cuz it feels the same but better. Much better. Though by your description and how your parents sound i don't see you getting into meth anytime soon. Sorry I wasn't much help on the other questions ��

If you want to continue to benefit from vyvanse, then stop abusing it in that way.
It can be very useful medication, improving ones quality of life, when used the _right_ way!
You might consider to use it sparingly, not everyday and not dose too high.
Also sth. to make it last longer and potentiates like “tums“, Magnesium etc. would be useful.

Take care. You already have the mindset of an addict!

I would buy some maeng da kratom because you may experience some irritability when it wears off and kratom will help with coming off of it...(or you could just take both together and feel amazing for a few hours)... never up the dose unless you plan to take a break after... if you want to limit yourself (without having to test your own willpower) just lock them in a safe and tell your brother to give you one when u need it or tell him to hide them if you are weak and cant control yourself,, like me