View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Miscellaneous questions about shrooms

flowerchild02

Greenlighter
i know practically nothing about shrooms but want to try micro dosing for my mental health problems. couple questions, any answers are appreciated!

is the experience anxiety inducing at all? i cant smoke weed even in the smallest amount without having a panic attack. i am very scared to try it, have a bad experience and be stuck in it until it wears off.

how do you store them to keep from going bad? and how should you dose them?

on the topic of dosing, what is a good starting dose for micro dosing?

In theory, microdosing is taking subperceptual dosages, so you wouldn't notice any overt effects or increase in anxiety.

Can mushrooms cause anxiety? Definitely, but generally not while microdosing.
i am very scared to try it,
Just start slow, you'll be fine.
how do you store them to keep from going bad?
Keep in a cool dry airtight dark place.
how should you dose them
Most people just eat them, or encapsulate and swallow. I like to make tea sometimes, but seems silly to do that for such a small amount.
what is a good starting dose for micro dosing?
Really depends on the person as well as the strength of the mushrooms. For me personally, .2g is actually a tad much (I get slight visual distortions at that level), but I don't really feel .1 at all.

I'd say its decent strategy to start at .1g and add either 50mg or 100mg till you find what is right for you.

In theory, microdosing is taking subperceptual dosages, so you wouldn't notice any overt effects or increase in anxiety.

Can mushrooms cause anxiety? Definitely, but generally not while microdosing.

Just start slow, you'll be fine.

Keep in a cool dry airtight dark place.

Most people just eat them, or encapsulate and swallow. I like to make tea sometimes, but seems silly to do that for such a small amount.

Really depends on the person as well as the strength of the mushrooms. For me personally, .2g is actually a tad much (I get slight visual distortions at that level), but I don't really feel .1 at all.

I'd say its decent strategy to start at .1g and add either 50mg or 100mg till you find what is right for you.
thank you😊 this was very helpful

Microdosing on psychedelics is overrated, cliché and probably doesn't even work. Tripping on psychedelics on the otherhand...

So get to know them! Experimentally and intellectually
sorry for the late reply, i only intend on micro dosing for the mental health benefits. i’ve heard a lot of people speak about how it’s beneficial as a natural antidepressant for dysthymia. i would much rather try this and it not work than pay out of pocket for ketamine treatments or some ssri i will hate.

although i do appreciate the insight and personal experience.

sorry for the late reply, i only intend on micro dosing for the mental health benefits. i’ve heard a lot of people speak about how it’s beneficial as a natural antidepressant for dysthymia. i would much rather try this and it not work than pay out of pocket for ketamine treatments or some ssri i will hate.

although i do appreciate the insight and personal experience.
yes, i read your initial post. my point still stands, microdosing is overrated, do the real thing. you could always do ketamine as well, without, you know, any 10k$ clinic.

The experience is potentially very anxiety inducing, or it could be the opposite. You never how a trip will unfold. Sometimes it feels like the shrooms are showing you things, so on one trip it might feel like you are being shown how silly most of your worries are and you will feel very relaxed. However, just when you think you have overcome your fears you might have a trip that fills you existential terror.

One thing though is being unable to smoke weed due to anxiety doesn't necessarily mean you will have the same reaction to shrooms, so I wouldn't let that factor much into your decisions. I also am not a big fan of micro-dosing.

yes, i read your initial post. my point still stands, microdosing is overrated, do the real thing. you could always do ketamine as well, without, you know, any 10k$ clinic.
Thanks. My thoughts too. Take the trip at the right setting and go with it. What John Hopkins does with dementia patients sand microdosing is interesting. But to me a microdose would be a waste.

Also I give the finger to those expensive ketamine clinics. Damn greed.

I'm actually going disagree. OP wants to microdose, let him dip his feet in slowly. Sounds like they struggle with anxiety and most experienced trippers know that one bad trip can turn people off psychedelics.

Inevitably they will probably get a light dose eventually, and they can see if they want to explore further.

Sink or swim is not the right mentality for psychedelics. Minds can be fragile. I've seen first hand.

My 2 cents at least

Trust the shrooms - they've been taking care of people forever
True too. I am not sure what the answer is using psychedelics for depression or anxiety. A microdose is worth a try. And if the OP does that come back and update the thread.

Had my first mushroom trip in a few years last week. It is amazing how well it can make me playful and less stressed, more trusting of life. At least for a day or two after. But then life and all of its fears come rolling back. Maybe because I used psychedelics all my life that it only has a temp relief. I had just watched Michael Pollan on Netflix, How To Change Your Mind. And the psilocybin episode had people with terminal illnesses get totally refreshed after their first trip or so. I know it works.

Large dose, small dose, I think mushrooms can help. I suspect it is the same with all of these treatments. They help to a point. I mean one mushroom trip or a ketamine infusion is not going to miraculously take away all my issues and fears forever. Reminds me of that saying, before enlightenment chop wood and carry water. After enlightenment chop wood and carry water....

Shrooms can be unpredictable, I've eaten half an eighth and tripped really hard for 3 hours, I had full blown visuals and everything, felt anxiety like I was never going to stop tripping. Then I've eaten a whole 8th and it was a lot more gentle like I got a really nice body high and mental trip for 5 hours and then one time I ate 7 grams of Golden Teachers and it was really intense mentally and emotionally, strong body high and mindfuck, I became delusional over past events that happened in my life and everything that was going on in my life came to the front of my mind and I had to confront it head on. Now I've also doses small like a gram or so and it made me feel a warm and fuzzy body high, increased introspective thoughts, increased creativity and feelings of connection with the world and mother nature.

Shrooms can be unpredictable, I've eaten half an eighth and tripped really hard for 3 hours, I had full blown visuals and everything, felt anxiety like I was never going to stop tripping. Then I've eaten a whole 8th and it was a lot more gentle like I got a really nice body high and mental trip for 5 hours and then one time I ate 7 grams of Golden Teachers and it was really intense mentally and emotionally, strong body high and mindfuck, I became delusional over past events that happened in my life and everything that was going on in my life came to the front of my mind and I had to confront it head on. Now I've also doses small like a gram or so and it made me feel a warm and fuzzy body high, increased introspective thoughts, increased creativity and feelings of connection with the world and mother nature.
i actually tried them for the first time and just never updated! luckily the person i get them from was well versed and guided me in the right direction with what he gave me. perfect amount for microdosing, slight body high and mood boost. just what i was looking for🫶🏻

I'm actually going disagree. OP wants to microdose, let him dip his feet in slowly. Sounds like they struggle with anxiety and most experienced trippers know that one bad trip can turn people off psychedelics.

Inevitably they will probably get a light dose eventually, and they can see if they want to explore further.

Sink or swim is not the right mentality for psychedelics. Minds can be fragile. I've seen first hand.

My 2 cents at least
i am not active on here at all but you were so helpful with your initial response and i just wanna say thank you for taking your time to explain your answers to each question i had.

also thank you for not down playing my fears, ive also seen first hand that sink or swim is not the way to go. had a friend end up in the hospital and still has effects from it years later.

anywho, i did what you said and started with .1 and my perfect dose ended up being .4 - .5 it was very relaxing and made me feel very grounded. again i appreciate your advice and support 🫶

Last edited:
i am not active on here at all but you were so helpful with your initial response and i just wanna say thank you for taking your time to explain your answers to each question i had.

also thank you for not down playing my fears, ive also seen first hand that sink or swim is not the way to go. had a friend end up in the hospital and still has effects from it years later.

anywho, i did what you said and started with .1 and my perfect dose ended up being .4 - .5 it was very relaxing and made me feel very grounded. again i appreciate your advice and support 🫶🏻
Glad you enjoyed it, what you did towards the end isnt microdosing tho its more of a macro-dose or light trip. And these i find to be way more worthwhile then microdosing ever was for me personally. Personally i like to go on big trips most often with higher dosages of psychs.

Some weeks tho i swap in a light dose of a psych just to give me a magical day of sorts. This works really well with LSD also when i take something like 50ugs without tolerance, or 8mgs of 4-AcO-DMT. Hope you keep exploring psychedelics, they are a special class of drugs.

Glad you enjoyed it, what you did towards the end isnt microdosing tho its more of a macro-dose or light trip. And these i find to be way more worthwhile then microdosing ever was for me personally. Personally i like to go on big trips most often with higher dosages of psychs.

Some weeks tho i swap in a light dose of a psych just to give me a magical day of sorts. This works really well with LSD also when i take something like 50ugs without tolerance, or 8mgs of 4-AcO-DMT. Hope you keep exploring psychedelics, they are a special class of drugs.
i dont intend on venturing into the world of psychedelics, i plan on just sticking with the occasional dose of shrooms when i need the boost. like i said in my OP im really just using for mental health benefits

i got addicted to benzos in 2020 bc of how much they helped me feel normal and just took it too far. doctors have never helped with my anxiety and have only tried ssris for depression (which turned out to be BPD🙄)

life has gotten much more in control since being in a healthy relationship and especially having a healthy relationship with myself and my emotions, things just get hard sometimes and i need a boost.

anyway im rambling too much! i enjoyed the macro dose (?) idk much about psychedelics or the terminology but everyone who posted on my thread had an impact on my decisions and it went well!