• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Questions about opioid potentiators?

DeathRow

Bluelighter
So I have some questions about potentiators for opiates, specifically heroin.

I came across some info on potentiators, and this is a few of the examples from the list.
•Dipenhydramine
•Vitamin Supplements
•Gabapentin
•Promethazine
•DXM
•Magnesium
•Baking soda

First of all, can anyone expand on which vitamins potentiate opiates?
Second, does anybody know the percentages at which each of these substances increase bioavailability? Or have a source that might tell me?
Third, how exactly do potentiators for opiates/heroin work? I’m very new to pharmacokinetics and was introduced by reading into gabapentin, so excuse me if this is a stupid question.
Fourth, are these substances water soluble? And would it be a bad idea to make a mixture of small amounts of the most effective potentiators, mix with water, and drink after dosing with heroin?
Fifth, at what doses should these substances be used to potentiate your high? Say, if I use my typical dose of heroin that, let’s say hypothetically, is the complete average strength of heroin I usually use, how much of each substance would I want to ingest if I was using each substance individually?

DXM (30 mg), Ketamine (10 mg oral), Promethazine, hydrozyzine (therapeutic dose for any antihistamine), gabapentin/phenibut are all things that worked well for me and I've tried just about everything.

I would try them separately. Take 30 -40 mins before using and cut your dose in half at first just to be safe.

Be extra careful with Gabapentin, even though it mostly effects your GABAâ receptors unlike benzos, it can still be a dangerous combination with opiates, especially when mixed with some of those potientaters.

DXM (30 mg), Ketamine (10 mg oral), Promethazine, hydrozyzine (therapeutic dose for any antihistamine), gabapentin/phenibut are all things that worked well for me and I've tried just about everything.

I would try them separately. Take 30 -40 mins before using and cut your dose in half at first just to be safe.

Be extra careful with Gabapentin, even though it mostly effects your GABAâ receptors unlike benzos, it can still be a dangerous combination with opiates, especially when mixed with some of those potientaters.
Good information, thank you.

10mg oral ketamine is next to nothing given ketamines poor oral BA

also Gabapentihn has no effect on GABA-A, it is a calcium channel modulator

10mg oral ketamine is next to nothing given ketamines poor oral BA

also Gabapentihn has no effect on GABA-A, it is a calcium channel modulator
Gabapentin still works as an opiate potentiator, no? I could’ve sworn my doctor had told me that the reason I can’t go up on gabapentin is because I’m on suboxone and the gabapentin would potentiate this.

Gabapentin and opioids used together do increase the risk of respiratory depression and death, so yeah, they probably potentiate each other!
This lines up with how my first experience with gabapentin went. I took 800mg while dope sick, and ended up feeling much better. Ended up getting the dope and doing it not too long after I had taken the gabs, and I was flying. Everybody else said the dope was mediocre so I’d imagine gabapentin can be a pretty strong potentiator at that.

It seems quite difficult to induce CYP2D6, the enzyme which converts codeine to morphine, hydrocodone to hydromorphone and oxycodone to oxymorphone. The only practical inducer is glutethimide. I would LOVE to know which isomer(s) is responsible for enzyme induction. I also discovered that a variant of glutethamide with a 3-methyl. That will provide 4 isomers and I bet it's a whole lot of fun to resolve. One KEY detail is that the (S) isomer if glutethimide is several times stronger than the raecemate and the (R) isomer is only 1/10s the potency of the raecemate.... so if it turns out that the (R) is the inducer, it would be 'inactive' if taken alone (so no PSA) but if it increases metabolism from 8% to 80% then it makes an interesting loophole.
The methyl interests me because a common 'active metabolite) is produced when an -OH is added to that spot.