Info Questions about one's "status" on here, e.g. "bluelighter"

ivorymoon

Bluelighter
I'm sure this information is somewhere on this site. I did look but couldn't find it so my apologies if it's somewhere obvious and my dumbass missed it haha.

I was wondering what exactly it means to be a bluelighter, greenlighter, etc. What purpose do these labels or statuses serve?
My educated guess would be that they sort of signify the amount of experience one has which I assume would be based on how many threads they've either posted or answered, or perhaps both?

Correct me if I'm wrong, please!

Could you also please let me know what it takes to "climb the ladder"? For example (based on my guess of what these labels mean), you're a bluelighter if you've posted 0-300 posts, you're a greenlighter if you've posted 301-600 posts, so on and so forth.

I'd love to know what each "status" entails and what they all are.

Thank you! 💜

Hi Ivorymoon,

A new member is a Greenlighter until they reach 50 posts, at which point they become a Bluelighter. The differences in privileges between a Greenlighter at Bluelighter are all listed here. There are no automatic rank-ups beyond Bluelighter, although custom titles can sometimes be won in contests. For example, there are regular photography contests held in the Life Advice & Visual Arts forum, and the winner of each contest receives a temporary custom title.

Greenlighter means account is new and having just joined you spend time reading and asking questions, mods will generally answer your questions or direct you to where your posts should go on the board. Others should go easy on you and if a silly thread is posted are not hazed to death as bluelighters would be lol.

You become bluelighters after an amount of posts, not necessarily a time period which could mean you don't join in at all and stay green or postwhore utter shit to be a bluelighters which is annoying.

Then st 50 posts you can start blogging or "liking" post a or private messaging at a faster rate .

You shouldn't need the pm rate increase unless you have made friends or established a rapport with your mates anyway.

I guess here but that delay in messaging halts drug seekers using pm to score or sell, that can be a problem here as ppl coming here to score would be happening obviously due to the subject matter but is not exactly anything that will do much except bring attention to the site by narcs and feds, besides ppl should be able to get their own damn drugs, if they can't thrn too bad so sad.

Hi Ivorymoon,

A new member is a Greenlighter until they reach 50 posts, at which point they become a Bluelighter. The differences in privileges between a Greenlighter at Bluelighter are all listed here. There are no automatic rank-ups beyond Bluelighter, although custom titles can sometimes be won in contests. For example, there are regular photography contests held in the Life Advice & Visual Arts forum, and the winner of each contest receives a temporary custom title.
Greenlighter means account is new and having just joined you spend time reading and asking questions, mods will generally answer your questions or direct you to where your posts should go on the board. Others should go easy on you and if a silly thread is posted are not hazed to death as bluelighters would be lol.

You become bluelighters after an amount of posts, not necessarily a time period which could mean you don't join in at all and stay green or postwhore utter shit to be a bluelighters which is annoying.

Then st 50 posts you can start blogging or "liking" post a or private messaging at a faster rate .

You shouldn't need the pm rate increase unless you have made friends or established a rapport with your mates anyway.

I guess here but that delay in messaging halts drug seekers using pm to score or sell, that can be a problem here as ppl coming here to score would be happening obviously due to the subject matter but is not exactly anything that will do much except bring attention to the site by narcs and feds, besides ppl should be able to get their own damn drugs, if they can't thrn too bad so sad.
Thank you both so much! 💜