Cycle Advice Questions about Mildronate (Meldonium)

soul111

Greenlighter
So i will be competteing BJJ (Brazillian Jiu jit su) competition coming up in a 3 months later and some of my friends have happen to live in countries where Mildronate is available in pharmacy without prescription.

My question is,

1#for the performance enhancing effect for competition, how much the dosage, how long should the cycle or use of dosage days will be prior to competition day.

2#what are the side effects that i should be expecting when stop taking the Mildronate after cycle and while taking it.

3# is there any dangerous or interaction that i should be watching out for such as with creatine and caffeine

So i will be competteing BJJ (Brazillian Jiu jit su) competition coming up in a 3 months later and some of my friends have happen to live in countries where Mildronate is available in pharmacy without prescription.

My question is,

1#for the performance enhancing effect for competition, how much the dosage, how long should the cycle or use of dosage days will be prior to competition day.

2#what are the side effects that i should be expecting when stop taking the Mildronate after cycle and while taking it.

3# is there any dangerous or interaction that i should be watching out for such as with creatine and caffeine

This paper may assist understanding of Meldoniums mechanism of action, and how that may or may not improve athletic performance:

From the paper:

Meldonium is classified as a partial inhibitor of fatty acid oxidation; it binds to and competitively inhibits gamma-butyrobetaine hydroxylase, an enzyme necessary for carnitine biosynthesis. In a Latvian study, healthy human subjects treated with meldonium for four weeks experienced a mean decrease of 18% in plasma carnitine levels.

In the absence of carnitine, fatty acids cannot be transported into mitochondria and therefore cannot act as an energy source.
It is speculated that the reduction in systemic carnitine produced by meldonium directly initiates a vasodilatory and anti-vasospastic cascade involving nitric oxide release.

Meldonium also increases the relative metabolic rate of glucose oxidation, a process with fewer oxygen demands than fatty acid oxidation; this might improve the function of cardiac myocytes under ischemic conditions.
This decrease in cardiac oxygen requirements is the primary factor speculated to underlie meldonium’s alleged performance-enhancing potential.

My initial thoughts on decreasing plasma carnitine, negating mitochondrial fatty acid oxidation, increasing glucose oxidation, could be misguided old-school methodology.??

We know modern research suggests mitochondria prefer fatty acid that are converted to ketones as a primary energy source, and that glucose is seen as a metabolic poison..
If fully keto adapted you may experience better performance than relying on glucose metabolism...

Just my take on your question..