• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

questions about DIY ejuice for ecigs!

lavendermew

Greenlighter
So I'm on medical marijuana. Right now I usually smoke it from a small bowl, and sometimes I use a hookah. Just got a vape pen, but it hasn't arrived yet. here's the thing, though--my mother, whom I currently live with and who has been pretty good about my usage of MJ, absolutely hates the smell of pot smoke. I already smoke outside, but I want to use something kinder on my lungs (I'm quitting cigarettes too).

SO my actual questions are mostly about temperature. The guidelines I'm following call for the ejuice and mg to be heated in a crock pot at 180F for 2-4 hours. I have two crockpots: one that heats to 140F and one that heats to 200F. Is either temperature suitable for extracting what I need to extract? I've tried it with the smaller/lower crockpot and it didn't work, but I also had the mason jar the MJ+eliquid was in open/uncapped; would that make a difference? Should I add some kief from my grinder? How long, roughly, will it last me?

Also, I am operating under the assumption it will turn brown when it's done. right now it's brownish green. Is that erroneous?

If anyone has done this before, I would love to know what worked for you and what didn't.

Last edited: