Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Questions about dexamphetamines

soothes1005

Greenlighter
Hi everyone:this is the first time here, and I would like to ask you guys some questions about prescribed 100*5mg dexamphetamine sulfate(Australia).

Well, the first bottle worked greatly. I took 10mg in the morning, followed by 5mg in the afternoon. I helped concentrating and studying, as well as reducing sleeping and weight. It also eased my social anxiety and enabled me to avoid procrastination. However, the second did not work so well, which was really clear as all these benefits reduced significantly as soon as I started the second bottle. Is there any chance the drug store substituted the pills inside? It looked the exactly same with untouched seal, but has a smell of vinegar.

Also, neither bottle has given me too much sense of wakefulness, as I feel sleepy pretty often and there was once I felt asleep after taking 10 mg. I drink coffee sometimes in order to study. Besides, the drug never gives me supper concentration or ability to study more than 7 hours, little disappointed. I really want a stimulant that gives me good concentration and energy to study all day, as well as a strong motivation to complete tasks in my life because I have wasted too much time before and feel this is my last shot, otherwise all the anxieties and depression will ensue. Anyone suggestions? Many thanks. What about Ritalin?

I may have diabetes, currently waiting for a test. Can diabetes conduce to my inattention and low energy level? Will my doctor revoke my dex prescription if I really have diabetes?

FYI:I had a bad depression before I found out it was due to ADHD. Now I feel I am losing my last life-saving straw. No substance abuse history, also taking pristiq. Currently taking 20mg dex daily.

One more question:I have a chronic nasal congestion since i was little. The dex eases it but now it is less effective than before. Can I snort dex sulfate? Will it work better for nasal decongestion?

It sounds more like you just developed a tolerance, this happens relatively quickly with amphetamines and they stop working unless you start taking a higher dose.

And I wouldn't recommend snorting dexies - the amount of powder in each pill compared to the amount of active ingredient makes it a waste, as most of it just drips down your throat and is absorbed orally anyway. All you'll do is clog your nose up further.

On point as usual. Don't snort dexies, and if you have chronic nasal congestion you're probably best off not railing anything.

To add on to what crankinit said about tolerance, the longer you can keep your doses low the better. Tolerance is unavoidable with daily use, but going "oh this is less effective so I'd better double my dose" will just lead to even more diminished effects in a more timely manner. If you go to NPD you'll find a thread all about tolerance/neurotoxicity reduction/prevention.