• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Question to my fellow Digital Volcano vaporizer owners. What temps do you use?

yo0123yo

Bluelighter
I don't know why but it seems now as if even if I set it to 400 degrees, when I go to blow the bag, the vapor is usually thing which is an indicator of it being higher than 400 possibly? Anyways, what temperatures do you guys use for each bag or does it even change? For the first bag I'll usually do 400, second bag will be 425 and the final bag will be 446(max temperature) And I'm referring to high quality hydro buds

400 is high, optimal vaping temp is in the 360-380 range. at 400, benzene (carcinogen associated with combustion) is being produced and the vapour tastes awful.

I do 360 then 375 although it can be nice to start at 350 and move up to 360, 375, and 400. It's all up to preference and for taste each strain. I don't think thc honesty cooks off well until 400 degrees.

I use volcanos where provided and have a plenty to use.

400F seems high to me. What color does the bud come out after you have vaped it? it should be a light brown/yellowish color, if it is dark brown or black then it is an obvious sign of the temp being too high. likely taste will be a better factor in determining temp IME.

I don't have volcano but I have a similar rig. I use temps around 350 +/- 20 degrees depending on the bud, but usually not much higher than 350F. I like to run it a bit lower and then I'll run it 3-4 times until the taste starts to become a little burnt. With the remains you can then use them to make edibles, just triple or quadruple the amount of weed in the recipe.

when in a pinch, I have gone back and revaped the remains at a higher temp around 400F, but it does give me a headache. I find the cleanest high is usually around 350F max.

I don't have a volcano, but my vape is usually set to 400F, sometimes I start at 385F for the first couple of puffs so it's not too thick vapour, but 400F does it better & tastes better to me too. I usually turn it up to 415F to finish it off & it still doesn't burn it, it can taste a bit worse at 415F though. I'm not sure all the cannabis gets to that temperature, it's more like a maximum temperature it can get to around the edges, with my vape, I don't grind it fine either or it'll block my vape up - so it needs a fairly high temperature to vape it all & it wont combust. Some cannabinoids, flavonoids, etc require a slightly higher temperature to vaporize than THC, if you prefer a purer THC high then stick to low temperatures, but if you're using it for pain relief or other medical uses then you should use a slightly higher temperature to make sure you're getting all the CBD & other stuff.

Benzene boils at 80.1 °C (176.2 °F) so I don't think you can avoid that. Naphthalene is another harmful toxin, that boils at 217.97 °C (424.35 °F), so even at 415F you shouldn't get much of that, but I wouldn't want to vape it higher than 415F even if my vape went higher, usually i stick to 400F.

Last edited:
Benzene boils at 80.1 °C (176.2 °F) so I don't think you can avoid that.

True, but you're forgetting that Cannabis doesn't contain any Benzene to begin with and the temperature required for it to be formed are much higher than it's boiling point, around 200°C. So it's definately possible to avoid Benzene when vaping :)