• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Question Regarding Noman's tek for extracting DMT (MHRB)

BarockaFlockaFlame

Greenlighter
New poster here, and I hope I didn't skip any requisite steps in proceeding right here and starting a topic.

I will be performing Noman's tek this weekend, and I am quite excited. However, I know that the proportion of lye/water/naphtha is relatively important, and one of the addendums made to the tek has me a bit thrown off.

Originally, the tek calls for 15ml water/1g lye/1g MHRB.

However, at the bottom of the tek, it states that if your bark comes pre-powdered (as mine does), that you are to use 1.5-2x the amount of water.

Okay, easy enough. However, does that mean I must increase the amount of lye I use as well? Or can I use the increased amount of water and the originally stated amount of lye?

Also, is there anything against using more than the needed amount of naphtha? My original plan was to use 100g of MHRB and anywhere from 40-80mL of naphtha per pull. However, the gallon jar I will be pulling from is very wide, and I am concerned that I will not be able to grab enough naphtha at low amounts.

If I were to use, say, 100-125mL of naphtha per pull, could I not just evap that down to around 50mL before I throw it in the freezer? I know that larger amounts of naphtha, esp if not fully saturated, has issues precipitating, but hypothetically 125mL naphtha would certainly absorb all of the dmt. Then, as long as I evaporated it down to a super-saturation (around 50mL), it should precipitate fine, correct? Or am I missing something?

I figure that, in using a larger amount of naphtha, I would "miss" pulling proportionally less of it and therefore proportionally less final product.

Any help would be appreciated, and I hope I followed the posting rules correctly.

use the least amount of naptha you can and do more pulls, you'll have better crystallization with a higher concentration of product to solvent.. Get a skinny jar and syphon from the big jar to the skinny jar not worrying about getting some lye mixture in the skinny jar THEN re-syphon from the skinny jar, taking care to leave all the lye mix behind this time. and you'll leave less solvent behind this way...wide jars are a pain in the ass when working with small amounts of solvent.
Just keep adding lye until your "liquor" is black.

Last edited:
use the least amount of naptha you can and do more pulls, you'll have better crystallization with a higher concentration of product to solvent.. Get a skinny jar and syphon from the big jar to the skinny jar not worrying about getting some lye mixture in the skinny jar THEN re-syphon from the skinny jar, taking care to leave all the lye mix behind this time. and you'll leave less solvent behind this way...wide jars are a pain in the ass when working with small amounts of solvent.
Just keep adding lye until your "liquor" is black.

I was considering asking this as well, so thanks for reading my mind! lol

So I'm correct in thinking that I can use my flavor injector/turkey baster to take ALL of the naphtha and some lye/bark/water mix to a skinny container and THEN continuing with pulling the naphtha more easily from the skinny container without losing product? I assumed it what DMT had been pulled by the naphtha wouldn't be lost in that process, but I figure checking first is always safe.

Another question.... if my collection jars have those tight fitting lids (I believe they're 8oz Wal-mart jars with the two-piece sealing top, will my freezer still smell like naphtha?
If possible, I REALLY need to avoid the smell contaminating the other things in the freezer. Also, if it does smell like naphtha, how long does that take to fade away?