• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Question regarding my current regimen with my ADHD Medication

atromatic

Greenlighter
Hi i'm currently prescribed the following:

50 MG Zoloft
60 MG Vyvanse
1-2 10mg Dexamphetamine IR when vyvanse is wearing off

I'm also currently taking the following:
COQ10 - 100mg
Equate one a day men's vitamino
Melatonin super snooze formula -
3mg melatonin
Valerian Root 100 mg
Hops 75 mg
Skullcap 75 mg
Chamomile 75 mg
Passion Flower 50 mg
Inositol 50 mg
L Taurine 50 mg
Melatonin 3 mg
Calcium 100 mg 10
Magnesium 50 mg

And also about to add L-theanine into this regimen

My question is regarding my ADHD medication mainly.

I was diagnosed with ADD -inattentive recently at 18 years old, and prescribed vyvanse 20mg to titrate and find the dosage that works best for me which ended at 60mg. Now while the aid in focus and mood is definitely great, it usually falls off pretty early into the day in which I was just recently as in today prescribed the dexedrine.

Now I get rather moody in the evening when i'm rebounding from the vyvanse which is my main reasoning in getting the IR boosters. Today is my first day on them and I would like some help from people more experienced in what is the best way to do this.

Today, I took my vyvanse around 9:00, and promptly took my first dexedrine IR 10mg at around 12:40. I finally followed with 5mg at 5:00. My main concern is the evening time moodiness and to an extent not interested in many things, which is a problem due to being in a relationship with the most important person in my life right now. So I want to do my best in coping with my symptoms for not just me but her.

So what would you guys recommend in dosing?

60mg vyvanse, the 10mg dexedrine a few hours later and then 5mg a few hours later.
60 mg vyvanse 10mg dexedrine a few hours later and then 10mg a few hours later.

Or 60mg vyvanse and then 20mg dexedrine a few hours later.

I do not think anyone here can tell you which dose of the Vyvanse, and dexedrine is best at managing your ADD/ADHD, and which dosage of your prescibed medications will be the best for you.

Talk to your doctor, and see what he or she says, and try the medications in the varying dosages you posted about, and see which one works best for you.

I think you need to allow for more time in between the Vyvanse and Dexedrine. If you're taking Dexedrine only 3-4 hours after your first Vyvanse dose, you're getting way too amped up at first and then crash because 10mg way later in the day isn't enough to bring back the effect of the two combined.

I would dose Vyvense early in the AM, and not touch the Dexedrine until at least 3-4pm.