View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Question regarding LSD onset and dose

Sweet Jones

Bluelighter
I'm just wondering if anyone is aware of a source that relates how fast LSD kicks in relative to the dose you took
I'm curious because I have some tabs at the moment that seem incredibly strong
2 tabs still takes a normal amount of time (30-60 minutes, what I'm used to to kick in). But when I have 4-5 it will hit in 15 minutes flat. Whereas 4-5 from other batches I've had still take at least 30 minutes.

Are the 2 tabs stronger than ussual?
at a certain point I imagen that the amount entering the bloodstream all at once is noticeable in a much lesser time scale than a typical onset.

stronger than what i'd expect from 2 tabs usually, by far
im used to eating 4-5 tabs at a time. 2 from this batch kicks in as quick and strong as 4-5 'normal' tabs, whereas 4-5 of these kick in in 15 minutes and take me to where i'd never been before lol

For me, once the onset begins, it increases at around the same rate every time until it's at the peak. It always takes one hour to come up. As to the onset of the very first effects, I've noticed no correlation whatsoever between how much you took and how fast it hits. I've had one and a half tabs hit after ten minutes, and four tabs take seventy minutes to kick in.

Any liquid that dissolves the drug and carries it into the blood stream is obviously helping and speeding up absorption while stomach contents may slow it down when not a lot of liquid at all is involved and your stomach is quite full.
There is fundal absorption meaning basically the esophagus, so even if you swallow saliva when you take a hit bucally or sublingually will be taken up pretty readily.

So you see, there is some wiggling space that might account for the varying range of onset times.

Yeah stronger doses can hit faster, but especially when you got a relatively empty stomach and there is a beverage or saliva creating a solution of basically liquid acid... I wouldn't try to gauge a dose based on how fast it hits, but just the intensity.

Hope this is helpful.

That was helpful thanks
If I understand you right, are you saying that having a lot of liquid in your stomach at the time of ingestion (I assume for other drugs that are eaten aside from LSD as well?) will speed things up?