• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Question of CWE with Neurofen+

StringOfHearts

Greenlighter
Hey folks,

I am wondering if neurofen plus has become tamper proof? It is supposed to be easier to do a CWE than paracetamol containing products like solpadeine due to dissolvability. Well, last time I saw it being done, zero effect was had with the remaining liquid. Effects can be felt by combining 6x solpadeine with 6x neurofen plus and while that's not outside the 24 hour max dose it would be nice to eliminate the other drugs if possible.

I have read loads of posts saying with neurofen it is easier but it just doesn't seem to be working. Is this a new thing? I know CWE definitely worked with sopladeine before so I am worried there is something they've done to neuro plus here (Western Europe). Anyone else know of successful extraction methods that are currently working for that specific OTC medicine?

Just to clarify for those in the US - neurofen plus is Ibuprofen + codeine?

Have you noticed any difference in the pills both normally or during the extraction?

Most deterrence mechanisms in pills are fairly obvious, at least in the US. I'm doubtful this is happening, but I have no idea of the EU market.

In the US most deterrence in opioid pills is in the form of a gelling agent that swells in the presence of water, so it would be obvious the pills are different especially during a CWE.

Yes - neurofen plus here is 200mg ibuprofen with 12.8mg codeine.

The pills plus the coating are white, they have been like that for as long as I have known. First time I did a CWE with them was last year so if there has been a tamper proof change it would have been before then as it has never worked for me with that particular product. It is almost as if the codeine is bound with the ibuprofen and sinks to the bottom with it or something.... I guess I was wondering if there was anyone else here in the same part of the world as me experiencing the same thing... It's not uncommon for drug companies to have different formulas for different countries etc. Interesting you say anti tamper stuff is usually obvious though.

I think it might be worth trying again with slightly hotter water and agitate it as much as possible. But yeah, if you're reading this and know of any changes that have been made I'd appreciate a reply!

Thanks all

In the US most deterrence in opioid pills is in the form of a gelling agent that swells in the presence of water, so it would be obvious the pills are different especially during a CWE.

Ah, okay maybe you edited your post or I misread it initially as I didn't remember seeing anything about gelling agents. No there is no gelling happening. Milky solution, most of which sinks to the bottom. The reason I would like to get this to work better as well is because paracetamol and codeine isn't sold OTC in this country without caffeine added. So CWE or not, its way too much caffeine to just rely on that.