• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Question In Regards To Syringes

sativasultan

Greenlighter
First time post. this place has been unbelievably helpful to me over the years. So I just went to Wally World as I usually do to purchase syringes. Normally I purchase 29 gauge long piont 100cc syringes. I was told that they no longer sell long points anymore because a diabetic only needs short point. Fuuuuck.

After being an iv user of black tar for longer than I care to admit, I need long points. From my experience trying to get rigs from other places, they just tell me to fuck right off if I cant provide a prescription for diabetes medicine.

There is a needle exchange in my area but that is a last resort because I respect my privacy and would rather not be seen by anyone at an exchange. I'd just rather not go if I don't have to. Does anyone have any input? Where else could I go? etc?

Wait, so I didn't reply to this thread? Good, because it sent me on a trip convinced I was using a needle gauge I wasn't, and attacking the numeracy skills of a vet tech (not to her face of course) and even flailing my arms in exasperation, falling down stairs as gas lamps grew ever dimmer.

I spent a lot of time on that damn 29G long quest. I can't believe such a thing exists suitable for IV (without snapping off under the weight of 100ml of fluid). I assumed 100cc was a typo, or is this a joke I'm up too late to get? Long thin needle on gigantic syringe?

But, advice stands (if I'd posted it with the right numbers): all online, no scripts, for a Bluelight audience who would know. You can get 100 safety syringes with 29G needles if you inject the shouldn't-inject black tar heroin under your skin, for less than two bits apiece.

You wouldn't need a script for insulin pens either, just the insulin. Not that they make 1" pen needles. Overweight diabetics are more delicate than my precious fragile princess pit bull. Butterflies deliver our insulin instead.

I suppose you needed the combination-lock blunt tip needles too?

I'm going to write this again to sear back into my brain: 22G x 1" to draw up, dog gets 25G x 5/8" in her neck. You can barely shoot water through 25G x 1".

OFF to bed.

G'Night Scrof..
th

So yeah that 100cc/ml thing might be an issue but here's a thread to check out. The How to Get Needles Megathread:

http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/565519-How-to-Get-Needles-Mega-Thread

Figured he was trying for 100uL/1 point, which is conceivable with that gauge at least. And "long" in that context might refer to a half inch, which could reach a vein at least.

Maybe he was, with his first post in six years, and I'm the asshole who'll scare him off for another six. In which case I'll apologize.

In any case the diabetics moved on.

Yeah it's a 1ml and long is 5/8 or 9/16" nowadays. No subclavian hits with with those little bastards. The 27g x 11/4" is perfect for your more "plump" users, not that I would know or anything.