• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Question for Prescription Refills

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vench

Greenlighter
Hello, I've been on Valium for a few months, before I was on Ativan, the one Valium I have a day helps, but I have two refills for Ativan at Walmart, I was wondering could I go and use one of the refills even though I'm no longer on it? Or when I changed medications did it void it or something or could I get in trouble? I was hoping to use the Ativan to help in emergencys, thank you

I’m not sure if this falls into the “legal” questions category that isn’t allowed. But... submitting a refill request online won’t hurt.

I would suggest creating a pharmacy profile and logging in. I don’t use Walmart myself but they should list everything you’re able to refill.

The only thing that may happen is the pharmacist notices 2 benzos and is like wtf and decides to call the doctor. The worst that can happen is they don’t fill it.

I didn't know I could submit one online, and sorry didn't know! Wasn't really asking if it was legal but more if it auto voids it, but I understand, I'll try doing it tomorrow, thank y'all an if anyone has any more info I'll keep monitoring this till tomorrow, stay safe !
edit:One last thing, my Valium is from a different pharmacy, will it show up since it's not from Walmart? If it does I'll just ask my doctor to change back to Ativan as they work better

Your question is probably fine, now that I think about it. After all, the Ativan was legally prescribed to you. But I’m no mod...

But yeah, a corporate giant like Walmart probably has a pretty robust online pharmacy service. Usually you just need some basic personal info and a Rx number and you’re in. It makes refilling soooooo much easier.

The other thing to keep in mind is insurance. Both pharmacies communicate with the PBM, so they might flag something too. But again, the worst that can happen is they don’t fill it since you’re already on diazepam.

That’s why I recommend online. You can figure it all out from your couch :)

Last edited:
Aw, I see thank you! It has also been over a month since I had used one of the 3 refills for the Ativan so as long as it's normal for people to be on two different benzos I think it'll be fine, thank y'all an hope you've a good night!

I was having some problems making an account so I went ahead and called them an apparently everything is ok an I can pick them up tomorrow morning, I'm gonna also tell my doctor I would like to go back to them instead, but yes thank you again an stay safe!

Dont make a habit of it. Nearly every state has a monitoring service that can check every fill of a CDS.

^ yep, just depends what state you're in....I believe some state's monitoring systems do track benzos, but it's not as widespread as, say, opioids or amphetamines.

Regardless, definitely don't make habit of it, and definitely discuss options with your doctor (per your own suggestion). Even if you don't bring government/legal trouble to yourself, you're putting too much unnecessary risk on yourself with your doctor or pharmacy.

-PA

You're fine. Just a month ago I was getting xanax and klonopin from two different doctors. The pharmacy filled both without fail.

What got me was when my doctor told me I was red flagged and cut me off kpins..

But imo if you have a refill it must be honored up to a year after last fill. I would be surprised if you couldn't get it because the pharmacy can't distinguish if you are switching benzos or being given one on top of the other.

I would call the pharmacy.. you can do refills through an automated phone system and it will let you know when or if it is ready. No human interaction.

You're fine. Just a month ago I was getting xanax and klonopin from two different doctors. The pharmacy filled both without fail.

What got me was when my doctor told me I was red flagged and cut me off kpins..

But imo if you have a refill it must be honored up to a year after last fill. I would be surprised if you couldn't get it because the pharmacy can't distinguish if you are switching benzos or being given one on top of the other.

I would call the pharmacy.. you can do refills through an automated phone system and it will let you know when or if it is ready. No human interaction.

The no human part is correct up until the pharmacist has to handle the script to actually fill it. At that point they could question what the deal is. Not that they will but they could. Just don't think because your script refill starts out automated, at some point there is human interaction and "stuff" could happen at that point. Good luck though.

You're fine. I'm not condoning it, but it's not illegal if both prescriptions are valid. The pharmacist has a right to question you, but obviously don't fill them at the same time. And don't make a habit out of it. Nothing wrong with keeping extra for emergencies but if taken unnecessarily you will only increase your tolerance for something less recreational than alcohol.

Status
Not open for further replies.