• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Question for people who are significantly experienced with LSD.

Zorai

Greenlighter
To the best of your knowledge, do you think it is possible for someone to completely re-program their mind in any way they choose while under the influence of LSD? I have been reading some material by Timothy Leary that says that LSD allows for the reprogramming of the mind to have long-lasting or permanent effects afterwards. Would you agree that this is possible if one's intention and willpower is strong enough? Are you unsure because you have never taken LSD with this sort of intention in mind? Do you think you would be able to do so if you were focused on doing it?

I am not being general. Essentially I am asking if one could be able to hard-wire their brain in a very specific way to create a permanent change of their choosing. For example, never being able to feel fear in a given situation.

I want to hear from experienced users of LSD. All insight is appreciated and beneficial.

This is a very interesting question. During an LSD trip about 4 years ago I underwent what could be described as "tabula rasa" or the creation of a blank slate. I hit the reset button and there was no doubt about it. So in my experiences and opinion it is absolutely possible to re-program one's mind while under the influence of LSD. However, I offer words of caution about such a pursuit.

The four years since then have been a recuperation period of my life where I have undergone countless dark nights of the soul, brief encounters with true psychosis and a purging of bad Karma that cannot be put to words.

Whether or not one can control such changes to be in alignment with their strength and intentions is also very likely as my intentions we actualized to my core. I lusted after Enlightenment and found it.

So, yes I do believe that one can reprogram themselves as they see fit with LSD, however be careful for what you ask for because you just might get it. LSD is electric magick.

Great question.

It really depends on what you intend to do. if your intent is to change your thinking patterns, this can be done with a combination of LSD and therapy.

You can use LSD to change or improve certain aspects of your mind, but the process is very gradual, and not 100% guaranteed. If you expect a sudden complete transformation, you will always be disappointed, and this applies to any situation in life, regardless of whether LSD is involved.

You would have to have a very strong intention and will and an ability to maintain that during confusing and stressful situations...and if you could do that why would you _need_ LSD for changing your thinking patterns.
Acid can give some real interesting perspective, but even if I thought I could reprogram my personality under its influence, I'd be afraid of making rather wacky and random changes due to my very drugged state.
It's a blessing that it only lasts a day but leaves some memories behind.

To the best of your knowledge, do you think it is possible for someone to completely re-program their mind in any way they choose while under the influence of LSD?
No. The thing that kills this is the "any way they choose" part. LSD certainly can have effects that I would describe as "re-programming," but you are fooling yourself if you think you can exert precise control over those effects.

I have been reading some material by Timothy Leary that says that LSD allows for the reprogramming of the mind to have long-lasting or permanent effects afterwards. Would you agree that this is possible if one's intention and willpower is strong enough?
Be careful when reading Leary, he was on the right track in some ways but you have to take the things he says with a few grains of salt. I agree that LSD can have permanent effects, even permanent benefits, but I do not agree that you can somehow control them with "intention and willpower."

Are you unsure because you have never taken LSD with this sort of intention in mind?
My experience with LSD is that it's best to take it with an open mind. In my experience, going into a trip with very specific expectations or intentions is a recipe for disappointment.

Do you think you would be able to do so if you were focused on doing it?
No.

I am not being general. Essentially I am asking if one could be able to hard-wire their brain in a very specific way to create a permanent change of their choosing. For example, never being able to feel fear in a given situation.
Absolutely not.

This is a very interesting question. During an LSD trip about 4 years ago I underwent what could be described as "tabula rasa" or the creation of a blank slate. I hit the reset button and there was no doubt about it. So in my experiences and opinion it is absolutely possible to re-program one's mind while under the influence of LSD. However, I offer words of caution about such a pursuit.

The four years since then have been a recuperation period of my life where I have undergone countless dark nights of the soul, brief encounters with true psychosis and a purging of bad Karma that cannot be put to words.

Whether or not one can control such changes to be in alignment with their strength and intentions is also very likely as my intentions we actualized to my core. I lusted after Enlightenment and found it.

So, yes I do believe that one can reprogram themselves as they see fit with LSD, however be careful for what you ask for because you just might get it. LSD is electric magick.

Great question.

Fantastic video, thank you for sharing. I have some very interesting material to share with you based on your experience. I stumbled upon this a while ago: http://o-meditation.com/2010/04/21/lsd-a-shortcut-to-false-samadhi-osho/
Someone provides an experience similar to yours, a kundalini experience while under the influence of LSD. I think the most interesting part of Osho's reply to the experience is "If you have not known anything about Kundalini, it is impossible to feel it through LSD." You have proved this wrong for yourself, no? Puts a lot of things into perspective, but I expected as much to begin with. LSD is very heavily dependent on your mind.

What else can you say the experience has done for you besides completely shift your focus in life towards developing yourself?

Fantastic video, thank you for sharing. I have some very interesting material to share with you based on your experience. I stumbled upon this a while ago: http://o-meditation.com/2010/04/21/lsd-a-shortcut-to-false-samadhi-osho/
Someone provides an experience similar to yours, a kundalini experience while under the influence of LSD. I think the most interesting part of Osho's reply to the experience is "If you have not known anything about Kundalini, it is impossible to feel it through LSD." You have proved this wrong for yourself, no? Puts a lot of things into perspective, but I expected as much to begin with. LSD is very heavily dependent on your mind.

What else can you say the experience has done for you besides completely shift your focus in life towards developing yourself?

I am glad that you enjoyed the video and thank you for the link. I will be reading it tonight. LSD is a mighty powerful substance.

I am glad that you enjoyed the video and thank you for the link. I will be reading it tonight. LSD is a mighty powerful substance.

May I ask, how exactly was the recuperation period after that trip? What was it like to build a new ego? Was it really as extreme as you make it sound or was it more like you had just done some spring cleaning (removing 'trash' parts of your ego that just naturally fell off because of the intensity of the experience) yet still had something to work with? I would appreciate if you could elaborate on this. Were all your learned behaviors basically dissolved?

Also, have you consumed LSD since then?

May I ask, how exactly was the recuperation period after that trip? What was it like to build a new ego? Was it really as extreme as you make it sound or was it more like you had just done some spring cleaning (removing 'trash' parts of your ego that just naturally fell off because of the intensity of the experience) yet still had something to work with? I would appreciate if you could elaborate on this. Were all your learned behaviors basically dissolved?

Also, have you consumed LSD since then?

The first couple of weeks after the LSD trip were like walking as a new born child. All of my opinions, preferences and other superficial concerns were gone. Completely erased. About a month after the experience my first dark nights of the soul set in and I underwent two+ full years of psychosis. Legit dissolution of my connection with reality. I can't even name the number of times I felt like I was walking through a living nightmare. True terror. What I was left with were cleared chakras or energy centers that my repressed traumas came flooding through. I did not lose my sense of self altogether but my awareness had been blown open and remains so to a degree today. I had to relearn "what" reality is and to then dive deeper towards actuality. I had blown open my perception of "beyond the veil" before I was ready. So I have been learning about my true self and the world (especially via magick, spirituality, mindfulness and occultism) in order to survive. I still knew how to eat. How to drive car. How to send an email. But my character was gone.

I have consumed LSD since then but (in all honesty) it is now aggravating to my nervous system so I don't really enjoy it. I much rather partake of magic mushrooms which are (in my opinion) THE psychedelic for me. Although I have never tried DMT and from my understanding, that tryptamine is likely what I have been waiting for. But that is a story for after the fact.

You can use LSD to change or improve certain aspects of your mind, but the process is very gradual, and not 100% guaranteed. If you expect a sudden complete transformation, you will always be disappointed, and this applies to any situation in life, regardless of whether LSD is involved.

It's like this. Meditation actually works better in this regard as it's something you can do both while on LSD, and other drugs, and when you are not on them, and the effects of meditation are not just mental but also physical.

I have been meditating for 40 plus years and agree with the above statement.Combined with a organic psychedelic ,like psilocybin, a lot of positive, life altering things, will come your way.I wouldn't recommend LSD because of it's difficult dosing and chemical feel to it.As a meditator LSD clashes, whereas Mushrooms enhance mental programming.Meditate before and during the come-up, and direct a theme that you would like to see enter your life.It works, and I have used this method for many years.

I have been meditating for 40 plus years and agree with the above statement.Combined with a organic psychedelic ,like psilocybin, a lot of positive, life altering things, will come your way.I wouldn't recommend LSD because of it's difficult dosing and chemical feel to it.As a meditator LSD clashes, whereas Mushrooms enhance mental programming.Meditate before and during the come-up, and direct a theme that you would like to see enter your life.It works, and I have used this method for many years.

40 years is a really long time, wouldn't you have been at the peak of spiritual enlightenment long ago? Just curious.
Thanks for sharing your experience. I intended to use LSD in that exact same way actually. I will see if I can get shrooms at a later date, but for my first few trips I'm more than content using LSD, and I will be meditating while using it. There is nothing that suggests shrooms are better for this purpose than LSD; only the 'feel' of the trip is different based on many accounts.
By 'theme you would like to see enter your life' can you be a bit more specific? Maybe share a few of your own examples? Lastly, any specific technique for meditation?