• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Question about zoloft

blovell42

Greenlighter
One of my uncles used to be scared when I was prescribed zoloft a while ago. He eventually told me the reason was some of his buddies, from high school, would melt zoloft, and it would turn into something akin to acid. Has anyone heard about this or know if there is any truth to it?

Wtf...?

If i spill orange juice or soda on the floor i just spilt "acid" or more specifically an acidic solution

Is he scared to put vinegar on his salad?

In my opinion this sounds like nonsense. If zoloft is like most meds its probably a base neutralized with an acid like hydrochloric acid.

Anyway if he was in highschool he might of never even taken chemistry yet.

I wouldnt not take a medication based on such incredibly weak evidence. I mean im sure he means well but of all the reasons he could say this seems almost comical.

I was talking about the drug acid I take my zoloft I was just wondering if its chemical structure changes when it its heated up.

Zoloft looks absolutely nothing like lsd

Lsd (6aR,9R)-N,N-diethyl-7-methyl-4,6,6a,7,8,9-hexahydroindolo[4,3-fg]quinoline-9-carboxamide

Zoloft (1S,4S)-4-(3,4-Dichlorophenyl)-N-methyl-1,2,3,4-tetrahydronaphthalen-1-amine

Im not a chemist but chemicals are kinda like complex lego structures. Could you maybe burn one chemical and it change slighty sure. But you dont start with one specific lego structure and end up with something totally different.

This is in my opinion is even more absurd then ending up with lsd.

Im not into psychedelics but im pretty sure the synthesis is pretty complex. If you could just burn zoloft into lsd. Is this a 1 to one conversion where like one month bottle of zoloft 3000 mg makes 3000 mg of lsd or 3,000,000 micrograms of lsd or like 3,000 doses.

Im sorry if this commons across as rude i have attempted suicide due to untreated depression and i just dont want you to worry about or not take a medication based on information that seems overwhelming unlikely to be true or even plausable.

d1, are you being treated for the depression now?
I know what it’s like. I’ve attempted suicide when I lost my marbles after mixing so many drugs in 1.
I mean shrooms ecstasy meth weed pain killers. And getting out of a heartbreaking relationship. It was tough but I’m stronger then ever today.

please get treated, it will get better.

Thanks for the concern but thankfully i havent had a suicidal thought in years since being stabilized on meds.

Stay strong!