• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Question about using XANAX before an Important Speech! Please Help A New Member!

AlexeiSilva

Greenlighter
Hello everyone

I am new to BlueLight so I apologize if I am posting this thread in the wrong place...

Basically, I have suffered from severe anxiety for most of my life(it runs in the family), although, after many years of therapy and self-improvement I've managed to decrease it to a bearable level. Unfortunately, there are still a few things that can give me panic attacks. One of them is public speaking and tomorrow I will be performing a 5 minute speech on the Nigerian civil war for a public speaking class that I am taking. I am considering taking .5 mg of xanax approximately 2 hours before the speech so I can be relaxed while I give it. Do you think this will work?? xanax is a powerful drug so I am afraid of becoming a zombie before I deliver the speech, though .5 mg is also a very small quantity.

Finally, one side effect that I have sometimes received while I am experiencing a panic attack is an uncontrollable grin. (I am guessing its some sort of coping mechanism to relax) Basically, I need to be calm because the last thing I want is either having a panic attack or having people think I am some sort of psychopath while I am reading about a very depressing topic.

Thanks for all the help!

Hello everyone

I am new to BlueLight so I apologize if I am posting this thread in the wrong place...

Basically, I have suffered from severe anxiety for most of my life(it runs in the family), although, after many years of therapy and self-improvement I've managed to decrease it to a bearable level. Unfortunately, there are still a few things that can give me panic attacks. One of them is public speaking and tomorrow I will be performing a 5 minute speech on the Nigerian civil war for a public speaking class that I am taking. I am considering taking .5 mg of xanax approximately 2 hours before the speech so I can be relaxed while I give it. Do you think this will work?? xanax is a powerful drug so I am afraid of becoming a zombie before I deliver the speech, though .5 mg is also a very small quantity.

Finally, one side effect that I have sometimes received while I am experiencing a panic attack is an uncontrollable grin. (I am guessing its some sort of coping mechanism to relax) Basically, I need to be calm because the last thing I want is either having a panic attack or having people think I am some sort of psychopath while I am reading about a very depressing topic.

Thanks for all the help!

0,5 mg of alprazolam won't make you a zombie unless you're a 100 pound girl. Take 2.

With no tolerance .5mg alprazolam will definitely relax me just enough to be completely coherent but relaxed.

I would say take .5mg an hour beforehand and if by 40min you aren't feeling effects then add another .25 or .5.

In my opinion .5 may still be too much for you if you have absolutely no tolerance & an important speech to give.

I'd take half, and if you're anxiety isn't sufficiently reduced after an hour, take the other half.

My mom has no benzo tolerance and her Dr. Gave her a few .25 mg alprazolams for a plane ride once, and I can assure you she def felt relief from her anxiety, she actually weighs 200lbs and still she seemed a bit buzzed, so that's why I'm suggesting to halve it at first. Good luck, hope you do well w/ your speech

.5mg with such a low tolerance shouldn't be such a huge deal before your speech. However, to be on the safe side I agree with taking a .25mg dose about 2 hours before your speech time and if you don't feel hardly anything within that first hour, take the other half and you should be right as rain by the time you get up to perform. Don't worry about it, you got this!! =D

What is this? People recommending 0,5 mg of alprazolam as a performance enhancer? No. It's not enough. Nowhere close to enough.

That's plenty if you don't take them often. I've taken that amount about 40 minutes before public speaking dozens of times and it's perfect. I definitely wouldn't take twice that much, as suggested tho. I've taken too much and been way too relaxed ..... tend to say things you normally would not.

Just enough to settle your nerves, not impair. Try taking .25 mg ~90 minutes prior. If you still find yourself getting clammy 10 minutes prior, let another .25 dissolve under your tongue. Have a drink handy, it'll taste interesting.

Rule of Thumb: You can always add more.

Are you serious? He won't even notice the alprazolam with doses that small. 0.5 mg alprazolam won't do SHIT, much less 0.25 ...

Are you serious? He won't even notice the alprazolam with doses that small. 0.5 mg alprazolam won't do SHIT, much less 0.25 ...
He has a very low tolerance, 0.5 will definitely decrease his anxiety? And no one said they are using it as a performance enhancer, he's trying to take enough so he will be coherent enough to perform a public speech and not turn into a zombie. Do some research before you come in here with your SHIT.

Take 0.5 mg 30 mins befor the speach I find 0.5 to be about as strong as 5-7.5mg valium

I usually take 3mg with 50mg methylphenidate during speeches and I'm no zombie

Yes, I was serious as well. He wants to take the edge off for a speech , not get a buzz. Without any tolerance , .5 is a perfect amount.

We're not all as cool as you.

Yes it will.

Why do you think they make tablets of 0.25mg or 0.5mg Xanax etc... ? So that people who have no tolerance can take them and feel the effects. Those are therapeutic doses, and he is not trying to get hammered, aight...

If you have NO TOLERANCE, 0.5 might even make you sleepy. So if you are not sure, take 0.25mg 1 hour before the event, and if you're not feeling relaxation in 30 mins, take the other half and that's it.