• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Question about tolerance? I'm just surprised.

bmxgroupie

Bluelighter
Man I used to post on this board ages ago and haven't visited in quite some time now. Glad to see it's still here! Always one of my favorite sites :)

So what brings me here today is I have a tolerance question, or maybe i'm asking for yall's opinion on this just here me out :) So, I took 15 mg of hydrocodone about 4 hours ago and it felt sorta kinda nice, but not as nice as i'd hoped for, so I took 15 mg more and now its been and hour and a half since that and I still feel just kinda nice but nothing to write home about. For a tolerance reference, I used to take about 225 mg a month of hydrocodone, spread out through the days of the month in a pattern trying to keep my tolerance at its best. Like i'd take from a bottle of 30 7.5 mg pills, I'd take 3 pills a day for 2 days, then 2 pills a day for 5 days, then 1 or 2 pills now and then over the last 2 weeks of the month before the next refill. So my dose was never over 15 mg and I tried to concentrate higher doses for more worthwhile kicks at the first of the month and then lean through the middle and take some here and there towards the end to keep it interesting until the next refill. But tonight I'm really not feeling it much at all. It's a nice buzz but I am just surprised that my tolerance hung on like it apparently did for so long! I mean I'm 115lb female I took 15mg 4 hours ago, 30 mg 2 hours ago and apparently 30 mg about an hour & 15 mins ago. This is a bummer!

edit: forgot to mention, the last time I took an opioid was many months ago. and taking on a routine basis like mentioned above, like 1 year+ ago.

take a break if you can, i took breaks , a week, and surprised how much it helped, w with tolerance, but then again after a break, id take same dose and end on my ass passed out, but yeah sounds like you got hellah tolerance for a lil bitty thang, but dont know if that matters, im still learning, wish i had best of advice, but i know Blighters will have great advice, but yeah taking that much most likely increase tolerance, dont be silly like i was and take more in more, be wise and take a pill vacation , or better yet, quit, though i know it helps with pain, save it for that. i took 10 strong pills like you have and didnt do anything, and i stupidly began fent, one pill was fine but yeah ended up taking in 6 to 10, just to get high so yeah tolerance was a big issue. my best wish for you and recovery

take a break if you can, i took breaks , a week, and surprised how much it helped, w with tolerance, but then again after a break, id take same dose and end on my ass passed out, but yeah sounds like you got hellah tolerance for a lil bitty thang, but dont know if that matters, im still learning, wish i had best of advice, but i know Blighters will have great advice, but yeah taking that much most likely increase tolerance, dont be silly like i was and take more in more, be wise and take a pill vacation , or better yet, quit, though i know it helps with pain, save it for that. i took 10 strong pills like you have and didnt do anything, and i stupidly began fent, one pill was fine but yeah ended up taking in 6 to 10, just to get high so yeah tolerance was a big issue. my best wish for you and recovery
that's super sweet of you to say. I am in recovery mode right now but not practicing 100% abstinence. have some dental work coming up and got a script so i wanted to throw them back for good ole times sake ya know?!

that's super sweet of you to say. I am in recovery mode right now but not practicing 100% abstinence. have some dental work coming up and got a script so i wanted to throw them back for good ole times sake ya know?!
oh do i ever know, suddenly drugs are coming at me(the crazy wild side of family is in town and one of my employees , her sugar daddy has what i want, im fighting every day not to use, but i need to follow my own advice, reading some folks experiences in BL really keeps me check, best o luck with the dentist, try to lay low and boost your immune system