• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Question About Tianeptine's Solubility in Bloodstream

romealone

Bluelighter
I was hoping the members who frequent this corner of BL would be able to shed some light on this issue.

In any thread involving Tianeptine (a novel antidepressant formerly thought to exert its primary effect by acting as a serotonin reuptake enhancer, but recently has been discovered to act as a full agonist at Both mu and delta), invariably several people make reference to the phenomenon in Russia where heroin addicts inject crushed Tianeptine pills, with absolutely horrifying consequences.

According to various studies, Wikipedia, and common sense, the terrible complications that often result in limb amputation, are due to the silica and other binders in the pills-makes sense.

What I would like to know is if there is anything inherently more dangerous in IV tianeptine compared to other drugs commonly injected, assuming your tianeptine is in pure powder form, and not the pills.

Anyone who has worked with tianeptine knows it's the most hygroscopic substance imaginable. And while it dissolves readily in water, the resulting solution becomes extremely sticky in a fairly short period of time. Some members here have posted this fact as evidence that injecting tianeptine is incredibly dangerous regardless of whether you are using pure powder.

But I am wondering if there is any reason to suspect tianeptine will become problematic once in the bloodstream. It is water soluble, and I can't see why it would come out of solution or form a sticky viscous nightmare once in the blood (IM would be another story).

So can anyone provide any definitive answers on this question, or simply speculation? Of course i would love to hear if anyone here has experience with using pure tianeptine powder via IV, and what the results were.

So long story short, is injecting pure tianeptine powder that has been micron filtered, rather than the pills the Russians are losing limbs over, inherently more dangerous than injecting other drugs, owing to its peculiar properties and tendency to become almost glue like shortly after being dissolved in water?

Thanks guys. You're swell.

Are we talking about pure tianeptine or its sodium salt? Pure tianeptine free acid is... an acid, and I don't think it has a very high solubility. Tianeptine sodium is probably what's in water soluble pills/powders.

Anything that thickens a solution is an indication that it should be more diluted... there is something to be said about injecting isotonic solutions as very very concentrated solutions of e.g. salts can cause vein damage/blood cell lysis.

Romealone:
I use the tianeptine sodium as injectible and quite enjoy it! I have had no abscesses or rotting limbs. The rush is comparable to dilaudid. If you use too much, it makes you suuuuuper sleepy. It can also make you a bit clumsy/throw your balance off even with a smaller dose. So see how you do on it before you drive or anything. I do get some wicked bruises. But I don't think this is from the tianeptine. I bruise easily and think this would happen w any injectible.
I use Miracle Plus arnica bruise cream. You can get it from Amazon.
Be careful and enjoy :)

The only tianeptine I ever got was pure bulk powder. If I understand correctly, the pills are Russian. I wouldn't be buying anything from there, let alone putting directly into my bloodstream.

Spunky21, Just wanted to check in and see if you have experienced any negative side effects from the IV Tianeptine sodium since your last post. I have recently been experimenting with doing so on a semi-regular basis, and am, let's just say "a fan". Very pleasant mood enhancer, generally relaxing, and reminiscent of experiences from my past - but without the serious addiction and obvious risks of injecting one's body full of black market substances of unknown purity. IN summary, it satisfies a deep craving in me; a craving I achieved through black market opiates - and I can purchase the stuff from reputable vendors. Seems too good to be true...SO I just wanted to check in and make sure that you still have your limbs! It is so hard to find honest and un-biased answers from folks in many places...thought I would just ask a fellow traveler. (My first post in case I have done anything incorrectly).

Still have my limbs but I have 3 wicked wounds that are going to take forever to heal!! I don't foresee any amputations. I stupidly pushed past the pain of the burn and should've stopped. I was greedy. I have slowed waaaaaay down on using seeing as I have these terrible wounds.
I sent you a PM but I don't know if it posted. It goes into more detail, answers your question more completely.

Well, other solvents like propylene glycol might make the freebase more soluble.... but I wouldn't even swallow the stuff!

What you want is a (hysrogen carbonate or hydrogen sulfate salts) as they are the most soluble. Using Marvinsketch pKa you might find a pH at which the hydrogen carbonate or sulfate will also form a salt with the amine. How do you think they can make freebase morphine - with a phenol & an amine? They choose a pH where neither salt is formed - do the same here. Tianeptine trihydrogencarbonate.... or any of 2 hydrogen phosphates. Like I said, pKa check it. In practice - don't touch it with a shitty stick... or a sticky shit.

If I understand correctly, the pills are Russian. I wouldn't be buying anything from there, let alone putting directly into my bloodstream.

what a stupid thing to say.

iam seeeing more threads like this every week, soon it'll be every day. soon a great medicine will be scheduled/outright banned in the West and possibly Europe.

I am giulty of taking it IV myself. It can't be healthy to IV at glue-like doses so unless you can use 10ml rigs successfully or have a 50mg tolerance and dilute it to 2ml in a 2ml/3ml barrell it shouldnt be injected.
300mg kept away heroin WDs from midnight to scoring time at 8 am ish.

@Tryptamite

::Absolutely man (...about staving off Heroin/opiate withdrawals). I, just like u said, am guilty of consistently, and at large doses too.
After buying (AFTER researching, lol) my first 5gs from one of the US vendors I already used for Phenibut. So, at first, for a week or two, I experimented. Started with about 25-30mgs sublingual to find out how it would effect me; my initial tolerance to it, etc.

Oh, and just a little bit of background: Ive been an opiate user for the past 13 years or so. Didn't develop a habit to heroin until about a year in. And it started off very mild, but progressed into horrible horrible addiction years down the line. And I've had some clean time, been sober for bit longer than a year. So anyway, back to present day.

I'm currently on 90mgs of Methadone, and been on MMT for about 8 months. Now, it was only maybe 6 months ago that i discovered tianeptine. After I gradually increased my dosage to about 200mgs orally, and still wasn't feeling much. Then i remembered that I saw someone online talking about injecting it, and getting a "DEFINITE opiate-like rush", similar to maybe a dilaudid shot, if enough was put in the shot.

So, I decided to try it. Small amounts at first, again. ALWAYS titrate UP wen trying new substances, new ROA's, etc. Anyway, i got up to about 50-60mgs IV, and OMG...... they were fucking right!!!! So I did more research on Tianeptine, like i do on all chemicals i use, as well as those I dont, and learned that its a pretty damned interesting chemical. And it definitely has many potential and positive applications.

So, onto today. On 90mgs of Methadone daily, I have a pretty damned high Opiate Tolerance. And 90mgs just BARELY cuts it for me, to hold me 24 hours. So, thats where the tianeptine comes in. I usually order a few grams a week, anywhere between 2 - 5 or so, and they're usually spaced out (like order 3 separate 1gram orders a week), because of all the GOOD things Tianeptine is, it is DEFINITELY very "MORE-ISH". So, whatever I wind up having on hand, usually gets used, lol. Although Im glad Im aware of that about myself and

But anyway, now i usually do about, I think, 100-200mgs in a shot. its hard to tell exactly cuz i measure with the little white scoops.... I use the little white .15cc scoop. And for each shoot I use 2 scoops of Tianeptine, either leveled off, or slightly rounded.
So I'm thinking its somewhere in the region of 190-220mgs-ISH. Lol.

BUT, let me tell you.... it is a DEFINITE MOR (mu opiate receptor agonist), and in the early mornings if I'm starting to feel slightly ill from my 'yesterday-dose' of methadone, I can do a shot, even just ONE scoop, and will get a define rush, and feeling of relief til i get my dose.

Only Cons, or Downsides, i see to Tianeptine, would be that after the shots the feeling doesn't stay. Although, perhaps for someone NOT on methadone, or have as high a tolerance, im SURE they would feel effects longer and be more pronounced.

Ok, thats all!! Thats my $.02

OH!, AND, even on top of methadone, and after using it several days (no more) in a row, I really dont notice any withdrawal effects when stopping it. So, overall, it is a REALLY nice thing to have at your disposal :-D

EDIT::::
I forgot about your (OP) question!!!!
Ok, so you were asking about injecting tianeptine sodium, and that, for those that have done it or tried, we know it (depending on ratio of substance to solvent)..... that "dissolved" tianeptine in water makes the solution VERY VERY "gel" or "glue" like, as some people have said.

Now, wen I prepare mine to inject, i START with very hot water to squirt onto my powder Tianeptine in cooker. theres about 200mgs tianeptine in the cooker. Then i spray all over it about 85 units of a 1cc (100unit) 27 gauge needle. Then i take this modified bobby-pin holder, and hold my cooker over a butane torch. <----VERYYY HOT So, I watch to make sure I dont make the solution bubble, yet make sure i swirl it around constantly to get it ALL dissolved. THEN, very quickly before it cools down TOOO much, and starts to harden, i throw my cotton in, pull it up in the syringe and then just rinse the needle with sterile water, so theres no sticky residue on it when im about to poke myself. Then, i just go to a good spot, MAKE SURE that u register, and you are IN THE VEIN. if you push down and are NOT in a vein, it will HURT LIKE FUCKING HELL!!!!!!!!!!!! I know from personal experience.

But also, along with what OP asked, about the solution being in your bloodstream; I think it is totally fine, as long as it gets in there, and not in any other tissues. Your body's internal temp is high enough to keep that solution from solidifying, and it is quickly started being broken down and metabolized. SO, dont worry about it in your veins. Just make sure you GET IT INNNNN your vein, and NO WHER ELSE, EVER!!!@@@@

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Good Luck!
and Happy Travels :-D
and of course, be safe. If you're safe you can always have the opportunity to do it right later on. If you're reckless, you might just find an answer you're not willing to hear.

Last edited: