Mental Health Question about the invega shot

Spoiledmommy1980

Greenlighter
My son was forced to get the shot on june 29th 2019 of 234mg and then again on July 3rd of another 234mg they overdosed him and he isnt the same he didnt even need that shot they told him it will make the other meds work faster his life is horrible now he cant sit still and he hates the way he feels he cant take care of himself he is 21 years old I just want this shot to wear off and so he can get back to his normal life he is trying to go to school and find a job and he cant even do that so does anyone know if he was given that huge of amount and that close together plus given risperdal also and he is just depressed so he shouldn't even been given this anyways . I cant find out how to get this drug out of your system faster and is there anything the dr can give to help with the symptoms he is having with not sitting still anyone know and can help me out I want my son to get his life back

I don't really know a lot about the drug but I just Googled it and to me it seems like they should have waited a lot longer before giving him another shot (4 weeks between is what I read).

So yes I think they have made a big mistake. He should see a Dr soon about it (preferably a different one than the one who did this to him!!) to see if they can manage the side effects somehow.

I really hope you get some help!!

Invega is just the beginning. But it is unfortunate if they have made some breaches. It's all mountaintops from here, but the aftermath isn't all that great. I hope you son has luck with procuring employment.

I don't really know a lot about the drug but I just Googled it and to me it seems like they should have waited a lot longer before giving him another shot (4 weeks between is what I read).

So yes I think they have made a big mistake. He should see a Dr soon about it (preferably a different one than the one who did this to him!!) to see if they can manage the side effects somehow.

I really hope you get some help!!
He is getting better only time will tell thanks for everyone being so caring

My son was forced to get the shot on june 29th 2019 of 234mg and then again on July 3rd of another 234mg they overdosed him and he isnt the same he didnt even need that shot they told him it will make the other meds work faster his life is horrible now he cant sit still and he hates the way he feels he cant take care of himself he is 21 years old I just want this shot to wear off and so he can get back to his normal life he is trying to go to school and find a job and he cant even do that so does anyone know if he was given that huge of amount and that close together plus given risperdal also and he is just depressed so he shouldn't even been given this anyways . I cant find out how to get this drug out of your system faster and is there anything the dr can give to help with the symptoms he is having with not sitting still anyone know and can help me out I want my son to get his life back
I would consider sueing the mental health system or doctor or maker of invega.
I was forced to take this shot as well .
Invega cuts of the dopamine receptors in the brain.
I'm going to sue.

If you sue, you'll find it much, much harder to get treated in the future. The whole system will want to stay away from you...for ever. Not in a good way.

Do you think he might be clinically depressed? If so, SSRI medications are generally effective. Otherwise, maybe a lower dose of another antipsychotic would be recommended by the doctor. Abilify and rexulti are generally less difficult to tolerate. At low doses they are oftentimes used to augment antidepressants.

What do you think, OP?

To actually answer OPs questions : I'm not aware of any substance that eliminates invega from your system faster. Thanks to my sister who works in health care I was able to go to a decent ER where they found that I had many issues due to the invega. I also suffered from dystonia and akathisia. To help, they gave me IVs to hydrate my body. I believe this diluted the invega. This did make me feel better for a few days. So my advice to you is drink plenty of water. The shot has a long half life, so expect to take out the first few months before the akathisia gets any better. A year later I feel recovered, but not the same. Benadryl helps with the restlessness that he's talking about. Interestingly my story is very similar to that kid's.

To actually answer OPs questions : I'm not aware of any substance that eliminates invega from your system faster. Thanks to my sister who works in health care I was able to go to a decent ER where they found that I had many issues due to the invega. I also suffered from dystonia and akathisia. To help, they gave me IVs to hydrate my body. I believe this diluted the invega. This did make me feel better for a few days. So my advice to you is drink plenty of water. The shot has a long half life, so expect to take out the first few months before the akathisia gets any better. A year later I feel recovered, but not the same. Benadryl helps with the restlessness that he's talking about. Interestingly my story is very similar to that kid's.
About 4 weeks ago I was in the emergency room for food poisoning from eating taco bell . Was vommitting non stop and dieria and the next morning I felt very weak so I called 911 and ambulance came and picked me up they took me to the emergency room where they gave me a IV of Adivan because the injection wouldn't allow me to fully calm down so they sedated me. Good news is I'm ok now just never going to eat at taco bell ever again.