View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Question about testing gel tabs.

Shponglespores

Greenlighter
So I have a few sheets of red gel tabs that someone is interested in however, they want to use a test kit. Even though the tabs are dead family legit, they want to test them to make sure it isn't a RC, which is totally understandable. Never seen gel tabs being tested with even the Erilich (sp) so does anyone have experience testing gel tabs? I'm afraid they'll turn some funky color due to the dye in the gelatin.

edit: got rid of SWIM. Woops.

Last edited:
Using SWIM is against the rules here.

Anyway, yeah I've seen photos of LSD geltab in a test kit solution. It should work fine.

Oh, woops. It's my first time posting in BL. Pretty obvious I guess. You're reply is the only information I've found so I appreciate it. I've never tested them before so I'm still a little worried they'll show up some strange color other than what it's supposed to but we'll see. Thanks for t

Welcome to BL.
Let us know how that went, as far as testing the geltabs goes at least.
Should work fine though, I doubt the ink would come off of geltabs any easier than blotter ink could. I don't even think they use any dye in gelatin tabs, I believe they're precolored.

Well, probably food dye I bet. I don't imagine normal gelatin turns purrty colors of blue or green.

I've never heard of anyone attempting to do this OP, please report back on your results :)