• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Question about testing for pure MDMA

Zjesko

Bluelighter
So I know that it is highly advised to test your pills/powder with a test kit before consuming it, especially with stuff off the street. However, is there a way to test for the purity of mdma in your molly you've received?

What I mean is, alot of times you can test your molly with a kit and it will test positive for MDMA, but that doesnt necessarily mean it is pure MD. lots of times dealers will sell caps filled with some mdma, but then throw in other additives along with it that blend in, such as DXM, meth, caffeine, etc. This way, the test kit says it's MDMA, but the truth is that only a small portion of it is pure MD, the rest is bunk filler, and this way the dealer saves money because they use less MDMA per pill.

So is there a way to test for, say, percent MDMA in a mixture? or a way to tell if there's other substances in the mix? hopefully someone understands what I'm asking

yes it usually costs, though, unless you get picked up by pigs, they will often do it as a swap/trade-off for a conviction/criminal record. it'll prolly still work out cheaper to just get picked up LE and pay the lame fines..

I'm not tryin to pay any fines or get involved with the feds. Do you know of any kits to buy that test for percentage or anything of the sort?

that cool cause i was being kind of sarcastic. did you hit the hyperlink on the very first word of my previous post? i dare you to hit the hyperlink, go on hit the link..

they are very expensive machines from what i understand. you can often send away samples at a cost, i believe ecstasydata will do the tests otherwise goodle is your frand.

Last edited:
i think it might be a well thought out scam tbh i mean do they dont return the stuff..

hey yeh send me your gear and il pull a number out my ass and keep ur biz. prolly just pessimistic again. :(

I'm not tryin to pay any fines or get involved with the feds. Do you know of any kits to buy that test for percentage or anything of the sort?

They're working on one for MDMA, but it's not going to be available for quite some time.

you can do burn/TLC plate/melting point tests but that still doesn't tell you everything

Ha sorry I'm pretty bad at detecting sarcasm over text
but yeah that machine looks expensive as hell....and I'd be skeptical to send my goods to some rando who claims they will identify it

I've done MD multiple times before but I dont think that will be enough to be able to tell if its good or not. And I recently moved to a new area so I'm not sure how reliable my dealer is yet..

sorry im a bit of a smart ass at times.

the ecstasydata is legit and is probably your best bet currently.

see you around :)

i would say ecstasydata is a waste of time for purity it wont id fillers, binders etc it will only id active CNS ingredient.

Due to a totally awful DEA rule they cant identify the percentages/masses for you only ratios so in many ways I would say edata is not all its cracked up to be.

Personally if you are Europe Bound Streetworx is a better bet. they dont have the DEA clowns trying to put a halt on Harm Reduction.

The only other option is to focus your attention of cleaning up the sample you have. Acetone, IPA cleans to name a couple.

To really get into cleaning MDMA up you need to get into chemistry looking at boiling points, dissolving characteristics, recrystalization, seperations, distillations etc. Probably not worth the hassle.

If you could 100% clean the sample you have then its just simply a case of weight. However, easier said than done.

I could think of a website that recently got shut down that might have been what you were looking for LOL :D

Good luck to DPR as hes gonna need it..

So I know that it is highly advised to test your pills/powder with a test kit before consuming it, especially with stuff off the street. However, is there a way to test for the purity of mdma in your molly you've received?

What I mean is, alot of times you can test your molly with a kit and it will test positive for MDMA, but that doesnt necessarily mean it is pure MD. lots of times dealers will sell caps filled with some mdma, but then throw in other additives along with it that blend in, such as DXM, meth, caffeine, etc. This way, the test kit says it's MDMA, but the truth is that only a small portion of it is pure MD, the rest is bunk filler, and this way the dealer saves money because they use less MDMA per pill.

So is there a way to test for, say, percent MDMA in a mixture? or a way to tell if there's other substances in the mix? hopefully someone understands what I'm asking

You're missing the secondary point of a test kit. They don't just test for MDMA, they will also test for numerous other chemicals such as DXM, meth etc. As a result, if these chemicals were mixed with your MDMA, the reaction would not show a clean MDMA reaction. Further, if your MDMA was mixed with something inactive (sugar etc), then it would probably still not produce a clean reaction on the marquis as some of the 'molly' would not react. I think it's reasonable safe to assume that unless the whole tube goes black/dark purple quickly and shows no alteration, you have adulterated MDMA.

What the test kit won't do is tell you the quality of MDMA synthesis. The only way to do that is a GC/MS. However, on the grand scale of things it's probably irrelevant. MDMA is MDMA. A few byproducts of synthesis would barely affect the potency of the chemical.