• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Question about Subutex?

Empire316420

Greenlighter
Hi guys and please bear with me. So I’ve never had a issue with drug abuse but about 10 years ago I hurt my back delivering furniture and have had a herniated disk ever since that causes me pain/tension in my shoulders neck area 24/7. Long story short I’ve been on some sort of pain reliever for about 8 years. Within the last year I was put on subutex for the pain 1x 8mg twice a day (it works good for pain for me) and I know I’m growing a tolerance for it for pain and don’t wanna up my dose or really take any other HARDCORE meds that will make my bodies dependence worse. Any suggestions on what else I could ask my dr for to help with the pain? I don’t want him to think I’m seeking more or anything like that cause it’s absolutely not my intentions. I just can’t stand being in pain 24/7 and it’s starts to effect you mentally after a while. Any info would be greatly appreciated

Speak to your dr for sure. There are many more ways to help pain including physical therapy. Cold water immersion helps. Hot packs/cool packs. There are great gels you can use, cool gels, hot gels, there are ibuprofen infused ones. If you’re in America they have amazing cbd/thc salves that would help. There are so many options over and above increase in meds. There could also be another pain med on the same level as the one you are on that might help better. You just need to speak it all through with your dr. Be open with your dr about using non pain killer related methods. Honestly, the best thing for my chronic condition was a good physical therapy plan.