• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Question about Roxicodone

Undacova Manatee

Greenlighter
Hello, everyone. Before I proceed, I'd like to apologize in advance for any rules I may be breaking. Maybe I'm in the wrong forum, or I'm saying things I shouldn't say on this website. Please forgive me. I'm brand new to this site, and have no bad intentions. If I make a mistake, I'd much appreciate a simple correction.

Now then. I will be receiving one Roxicodone 15 mg sometime soon. I have a pretty wide range of experience with opiates and opiate related drugs (Hydrocodone, Percocets, Oxycontin, Tramadol, Codeine, Morphine, Heroin). Although I know that Roxi's are just instant release oxycodone, I still have no experience with roxi's. Only Percocets.

So my question is, will 15 mg be too much at once? I doubt that it will, but this is harm reduction after all. Also, are there any superior routes of administration? What has proven to be most effective for those of you with experience?

Again, I apologize if I've made mistakes. Thanks to all.

By the way, I'm 6'4, 180 pounds.

You say you have experience with opiates, but the question is, do you have a tolerance? With no tolerance, 15mg will be a good dose, with a tolerance, 15mg might not be enough. One of the best routes of administration for oxycodone is orally, oral bioavailability is upwards of 80%, compared to snorting it, which is about 40%.. although, you will have to wait about 20-30 minutes to feel its effects when taken orally, when snorting it, the effects are almost immediate.

- hopeless soul

I definitely have experience, but tolerance? I'm not sure. I'm likely to have a low tolerance to Roxicodone considering I've never taken it, unless cross tolerance is a factor. Even still though, I don't take opiates regularly, I simply have experience with a wide range of them, but I haven't built a tolerance to an opiate I don't believe. If more of the drug will be taken into my bloodstream orally, that's the path I'll take.

Is an empty stomach better to feel effects, or would a little food help?

I notice if I eat something right after I take it, it kicks my metabolism in, and the onset seems to be faster. This varies from person to person. Some people report better results with an empty stomach, however I wouldn't suggest it, it makes you more susceptible to nausea..

- Hopeless Soul

Best effects from an opiate for me and many others it seems are achieved by dosing on an empty stomach, and eating a light meal 20 minutes later. A McDouble is ideal - compact and fatty. But for harm reductions sake, i can't recommend the burger.

^ Yes. It seems results improve with a fattier/greasy meal.

- HS

I've always had an issue with taking medications orally on a full stomach, or with any food in my stomach for that matter. It's a mental thing. I feel like I've lost a percentage of my substance if it isn't the only thing in my stomach. I'll take the fatty food into consideration extremely heavily ;) Thanks, guys.

Some drugs absorbtion is increased with fatty foods...like certain anti-psychotics. Others are decreased...like benzos. I don't know if opiates are better with or without food.

Percocet is IR oxycodone as well, just combined with Tylenol. Whatever you took for Percocet, start there of the Roxicodone.

^ Technically this will work, however if its the reverse scenario, you should keep track of your apap dose. Take for instance, the 2.5/325's, to get to just 15mgs of oxyco', you have to subsequently take 1950mgs of apap. A cold water extraction should be considered, when reaching these levels of apap.

-HS

I notice if I eat something right after I take it, it kicks my metabolism in, and the onset seems to be faster. This varies from person to person. Some people report better results with an empty stomach, however I wouldn't suggest it, it makes you more susceptible to nausea..

- Hopeless Soul

This. I always take my opioid pain meds with a nice slice of very buttery bread with an empty stomach to begin with. Works great, a little food gets the digestion going. I don't recommend eating a large meal until after effects are fully in force. I just get paranoid that too much food will kinda cause the Roxi to get drowned out so to speak. That why I always just do toast, not too much, not too little.

I usually eat a very light dinner 3-4 hours before. I tried tried taking it on a totally empty stomach once and that was a disaster, major buzz but puking like crazy for 12 hrs. If your stomach is too full (of undigested food) then gastric emptying is delayed which means the oxy will trickle into your system slowly and that won't do for much of a buzz. You want fast, so empty stomach works better. Along the same lines, IV'ing a drug is more likely to lead to an addiction in part because you get it really fast.