• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Question about RHR

Maver1ck

Greenlighter
Hello members !

I have a brief question about RHR on cocaine (pure lab tested at 90%), amphetamine base and MDMA (again lab tested at 85%).
SWIM is heavily into drug use, not a scumbag and actually holding a very serious job, but really use and mix drugs, alcohol and other meds very often. Last night SWIM got curious about how he handle all that and more so about how his heart was doing. He somehow is in perfect shape, you can even tell that he is into some athletic sport and looks healthy and much younger than he actually is, without any sport and with poor eating habits.. At that point SWIM had no sleep for more than 40 hours, no food, was at work with heavy work load and was on a cocktail with the meds mention above at explicit dosages plus coffee, energy drinks and tobacco.So SWIM decided to measured his HR first on manual, than digital blood-pressure meter and even with his Samsung. His RHR was 65-6 beats per minute, with BP at 120/90. SWIM does that on regular basis and the results are always the same.

So how is that even possible ?

Not uncommon. It's just youth. Contrary to I guess what you might call, a stereotype about stimulants, they don't typically make your heart beat 200 times per minute and they won't automatically put you into a hypertensive crisis. Again, especially if you're young and otherwise healthy, you can expect a slightly raised pulse and maybe a slightly raised blood pressure, but, and again, I say for a healthy, younger adult, going on an Amphetamine binge is nowhere near enough to kill you or even do permanent damage.

I'm trying to be blunt, because it really seems that there are quite a few people who seem to think that there are always clear signs when something is seriously wrong with your body, like, perhaps your liver hurts really bad when you have hepatitis or that you must have severe headaches when you have brain cancer. Granted, just because you are not having a heart attack or other serious complication from this usage does not necessarily mean that you're not doing permanent damage to your body in the process. You just don't know and there won't always be signs.

I think a lot of people will attest to the fact that youth is a huge factor in how negatively we are impacted by various substances. I used to be able to drink so fucking much Alcohol in an evening and wake up the next morning feeling refreshed and excited for the day. I'm going into my late 20's now and I can't do a lot of that stuff with the same tenacity as I used to, but I still handle things better than older folks. I'm not sure exactly how old you actually are, but I would say, regardless, that there are not always warning signs when something is wrong with your health.

Thanks for the quick response. SWIM is age 29 and forget to mention that he had a full blood work done 3 months ago (in the middle of a binge period) and everything was perfect. Even the medics asked SWIM if he follows a healthy lifestyle. I agree that even this is not a sure sign that everything is OK, but still SWIM finds it strange. Also SWIM has never had even a flue in the past years (from the moment he started the meds.)

We don't use swim here, my man. It especially doesn't make sense that you've said "I" before using it... Just for future reference, since I guess your question was answered.