View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Question about NBxx metabolism

black53

Bluelighter
So it's pretty well known that eating NBxx blotters makes them inactive. But I have a thought (not sure from where) that if eaten they get metabolized to their parent 2c-x compounds. So if you have for example 25b-nbome and eat 20mg of it would that just give you a 20mg 2c-b trip or am I missing something?

I think it's extremely unlikely that they get metabolized into their parent 2c-x compounds. However, I'm pretty sure NBxx do become orally active at a high enough dose, probably because enough just gets past your gut eventually, and into your bloodstream. Probably eating 20mg of an nbome would be pretty dangerous regardless.

it is not exactly known that the bio-availability from gut has any ratio of effectiveness.
I have chewed and swallowed a blotter in a very short time and have had strong effects but never just swallowed the blotter, it never made sense to do so.
I am uncertain about the NBOx destruction in gut directly making precursors that are active and would not want to rely on that taking place - also absorption all through the upper gi-tract is going to be completely unpredictable.

In the lore about these compounds, possibly a person who had tolerance issues (from recent tripping) ate blotters quickly and had very little response, and possibly that would have also happened if they just kept them in their mouths as well - just from the tolerance.

Just be careful with this family of compounds, dose wisely and seldom or at reasonable intervals.

Don't worry, this isn't an experiment I intend to conduct. Even if they do get converted to the parent 2c-x, there's still at least 2 problems. First with such doses some may get absorbed regardless and the enzyme responsible could get saturated resulting in a 25b-nbxx overdose. And since I kinda don't like death.....

Still if someone knows about any solid data on the subject it should be an interesting piece of info.

Look up Anon0631's posts from last year, he was trying to find an active oral dose. I think he titrated up to a few milligrams or so before he gave up.

I will, thanks!

I assume you meant this one - http://www.bluelight.org/vb/archive/index.php/t-667868.html

What I got from it is that there may be some oral activity and that the whole converts to parent 2c-x is still unconfirmed.

If anyone is feeling adventurous an experiment could be done with 25e or 25p nbome. You'd only need a few mgs of the nbome which would be relatively safe and if you tripped of say 5mg 25p-nbome conversion to the parent 2c-x would definitely appear to be one of the possibilities. Measuring blood levels would of course give definite results.

Last edited:
it's an unnecessarily dangerous thing to do.
and it does not help prove that the world is round or that slavery is bad and banks control everything.

I was wondering the same thing. If I ate 20mg of 25ENBOME would I be trippin' as if I ate 20mg of 2C-E.

it's an unnecessarily dangerous thing to do.
and it does not help prove that the world is round or that slavery is bad and banks control everything.

Lol @ last part. And I said I'm not intending to try, just that if anyone really wants to 25p-nbome would probably be safer because you wouldn't need to overdose the nbome as much as with 25b.

25P is not necessarily very potent, isn't 25E less potent than 25D? The 2C-X SAR does not work here.

I meant that it would be a good test if it actually converts to it's parent 2c-x. If the nbxx isn't very potent even better. Cap 5 mg of 25p-nbome and eat it. If you trip it's likely it got converted to 2c-p. Of course if you could get a blood test it would be even better.

Oh no wait 25E is actually quite potent, it seems I missed something since the early NBOMe days. And yeah I get what you mean now. Still, it all seems rather pointless. Only to prove there is N-debenzylation involved?

The original idea was to get a semi legal source of 2c-b. But since a lot is unknown about this it's probably not worth the risks.

This question seems to keep coming up. There is no experimental data on the reaction of N-benzylphenethylamines with MAOs. However, if you compare the relative reactivity of phenethylamines and benzylamines, the phenethylamines are about 25-fold more reactive. This suggests that the reaction of N-benzylphenethylamines with MAO will occur preferentially on the phenethylamine side, giving phenylacetaldehydes and benzylamines, not phenethylamines and benzaldehydes. In support of this hypothesis, I have also docked 25B-NBOMe into the structure of MAO-A (after removing the bound harmaline), and the preferred pose is the one where the phenethylamine substructure is spatially closer to the flavin cofactor.

If that was your goal, I'd maybe look into some chemistry and try and do it yourself. Downside is I'm not going to post synthesis info, and I don't know how cost effective buying a fuck ton of 25c,e,b, or p would be in relation to buying the 2c equivalent.

I guess it would be ok if you just wanted to try 2c-b once and do it legally. For using more often obtaining from illegal vendors would be more cost effective. And for regular use + friends + customers the synth.

And no need to post any synth info, you'll just irritate the mods for something that's very easy to find.

This question seems to keep coming up. There is no experimental data on the reaction of N-benzylphenethylamines with MAOs. However, if you compare the relative reactivity of phenethylamines and benzylamines, the phenethylamines are about 25-fold more reactive. This suggests that the reaction of N-benzylphenethylamines with MAO will occur preferentially on the phenethylamine side, giving phenylacetaldehydes and benzylamines, not phenethylamines and benzaldehydes. In support of this hypothesis, I have also docked 25B-NBOMe into the structure of MAO-A (after removing the bound harmaline), and the preferred pose is the one where the phenethylamine substructure is spatially closer to the flavin cofactor.

So, gel cap, 5mg 25b-nbome and a GC/MS (check for 2c-b, 25b-nbome, their suspected metabolites and so) of your blood taken every 15 minutes for a couple of hours. Wonder how much that would cost. But it would answer the question. Could also do it with multiple doses of 25b-nbome and multiple people to find out if/when the enzymes get saturated and how much variability there is between people.

sounds like a nasty experiment with live bluelight members verging on ld50 data collection.

5mg 25b-nboh in a gel cap should be inactive no? Or did you think I'd have them hold it in their mouths (sorry, dr. Mengele posts under another account)?