• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Question about mixing 3 pills together- urgent

Halfaface

Greenlighter
Hello i am prescribed alrazolam(xanax 1.5 mg, hydroxyzine and codeine for my back) is it safe to mix these together? i have no experience with my prescribed codeine, xanax and hydroxyzine so if you could help it would greatly be appreciated, im sorry if this is not the way to ask lol just got off work want to make sure im okay.

If they were prescribed by the same doctor and filled at the same pharmacy then you could consider them "double checked" as any serious interactions would be brought up by at least one of them (hopefully anyways). Without knowing your dosages or medical conditions this falls under speculation but a quick phone call or email to the pharmacist might help alleviate any doubt.

Yeah probably, I got the same combo and then some.

Might be a bit sedating but doubt any CNS interaction.

Don't drive and not sure why antihistamines for the back or that type of benzo as valium is a better muscling relaxer.

All 3 are sedating and Two narcotics so !maybe don't take em all at once unless you plan on sleeping. Do not drive you know how it affects you.

Sounds Lola your doctor hooped you up if that is first visit.

Last edited:
i have 800 mg of codeine um i think 40 mg of hydroxyzine and 1.5 mg of xanax, my expereince with them was out of body and im probably not going to take them all, ill have to take it slowly, but i really appreciate peoples feed back ive been worried all night honestly lol

i have 800 mg of codeine um i think 40 mg of hydroxyzine and 1.5 mg of xanax, my expereince with them was out of body and im probably not going to take them all, ill have to take it slowly, but i really appreciate peoples feed back ive been worried all night honestly lol
A few years ago i used to get hydroxyzine at 50MG 4x a day for general allergies/agitation. Its fine to mix at doses of 50-100MG with basically anything in my opinion. Ive never took more than 50MG because i would get dry mouth , but it did cause some sedation. It works well with opiates to prevent nausea, itching , and the slight sedation people seek for "potentiating" their opiates. I would imagine 100-150 would sedate you almost equal to a muscle relaxer. Not a soma , but like a roboxin. For sure good to have and many doctors start people off with hydroxzyine over things like xanax for anxiety even. 1.5MG xanax i feel might be a tad much too add. With no benzo tolerance i can skip a day of oxys and replace it with 2MG xanax and feel good for a couple hours with slight euphoria. So id say half your normal codeine dose and 1MG xanax + the 40MG hydroxyzine will have you feeling good. Some people say even go 1/3 your normal opiate dose , but i found that to be a little much. Half of my normal dose works for me.

The hydroxazine is to potentiate the codeine, doc is trying to keep him on lowest opiate possible. I had a pain doc do that to me years back, I couldn't really tell any difference with or without the hydroxazine. At the prescribed doses I wouldn't think you have any dangerous interactions to worry about.. higher dose opiates then you probably should pick the opiate or the benzo not both if you don't have a tolerance to either..

didnt the same doctor prescribe them? You are taking higher then usually prescribed. Codine is a shit opiate and the antihistamine is to counter the itching and hives associated with it.

nod i'd check w/your doctor not the internet; but I too have been scripted as much and more together so *I* feel its safe but I have no degree in medicine.