• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction Question about micron filters - searched

CarlosSantana

Greenlighter
Okay, so I'm fairly new to IV'ing and I'm currently at a 60mg dose of oxy. Was at one time doing 150mg of nasal oxy, went on methadone treatment for a couple of years and got clean. Got a good tax return this year and unfortunately relapsed. I pretty much have an unlimited supply of clean needles, can't get them daily but at least once a week or so. Can also get sterile water made for IV drug dilution in a hospital setting. Am currently using both and cleaning the spoon I use each time with alcohol. The only thing I don't have access to is a micron filter. Until recently I came across some sterile 5 um filter straws. Which screw onto the end of a syringe with no needle. I know from reading here that I should be ideally filtering with a 0.2 um wheel filter. Now, my question is, I was going to start using these filter straws instead of just using cotton. Should I pre-filter with cotton, push that solution into a clean spoon, then filter again with the straw, then inject? Or just filter straight with the straw? Also is a 5 um filter worth my time? Or is it too big? To those not familiar with what I am talking about I have included a link showing what they look like. I know the dangers of IV'ing pills, not looking to be talked out of it. Also, buying 0.2 um filters online and shipping to my house isn't really an option. Looking for some good harm reduction advice. Thanks in advance!!

These are the exact filters I would be using:
http://www.bbraunusa.com/products.html?prid=PRID00006973