Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

question about mdma and vomiting

ihermit

Greenlighter
hello All!

My Partner and I took two points of mdma and vomited 'til our stomachs were empty. This has happened twice now. No pain, just an easy normative experience. Then all was OK.

We weigh around 70 kilos (say 160 pounds). We are older. (That's OLDER.) There were other Oldies present and they did not vomit. We were well hydrated and the weather was cool.

Absolutely LOVE the mdma experience but could do without the vomitting.

Would like to hear from anyone who knows about this ...

hello All!

My Partner and I took two points of mdma and vomited 'til our stomachs were empty. This has happened twice now. No pain, just an easy normative experience. Then all was OK.

We weigh around 70 kilos (say 160 pounds). We are older. (That's OLDER.) There were other Oldies present and they did not vomit. We were well hydrated and the weather was cool.

Absolutely LOVE the mdma experience but could do without the vomitting.

Would like to hear from anyone who knows about this ...
People vomit because MDMA (directly and through local serotonin release) agonizes 5-HT3 (and 5-HT2) receptors in the stomach and the esophagus and the esophageal sphincter. It causes vomiting in people that are sensitive to the agonism.

(There's also a small area in the brain that's related to vomiting that contains 5-HT3 receptors. In my estimation that is not necessarily the cause because rectal administration usually resolves the vomiting)

There are two ways to mitigate the issue:

Rectal administration

Or

Ondansetron (ZOFRAN) the anti-nausea medication is a 5-HT3 antagonist so it blocks the action of mdma and serotonin on those receptors in the gut. This does not in any way affect your roll other than the nausea.

Back in the day, people used to take zofran before they would drop their pills if they were susceptible to the nausea.

I am susceptible to that action but only with MDA. However, I almost exclusively would plug my pills. Now I do tend to take the pills orally but I haven't had any issues.

Last edited:
"two points" as in 200mg? maybe do less next time?

Unfortunately, they said this is the second time it happened, which kind of means it's probably going to happen all the time.

25 years ago I knew people like that and they had to take zofran or plug it.

Unfortunately, they said this is the second time it happened, which kind of means it's probably going to happen all the time.

25 years ago I knew people like that and they had to take zofran or plug it.
yeah maybe but since op didn't really tell how experienced they actually are... maybe doing a bit less would help with the nausea while not diminishing the experience that much. assuming that it "would happen all the time" and to suggest medication is not something I would consider... they had it happen twice and maybe they just take too much?

I often vomit on the come up, but generally only a little, then I'm ready to roll. This happens mostly with MDA for me.

I've only done MDMA once, I have no idea what the dose was, but I vomited extremely hard on the come up. After that it was all bliss, but this is interesting, I didn't know this was something that happened to others when taking MDMA.

I've only done MDMA once, I have no idea what the dose was, but I vomited extremely hard on the come up. After that it was all bliss, but this is interesting, I didn't know this was something that happened to others when taking MDMA.
Everybody has 5-HT3 receptors in their gut, but some are more sensitive than others.

I actually think that if people have any type of gastroesophageal reflux, they tend to have vomiting on the come up because the lower esophageal sphincter is sensitized.

Have never vomited or even felt nausea. I always test my shit for one thing. And I only buy crystals and put them in capsules and swallow with a whole glass of water.

Everybody has 5-HT3 receptors in their gut, but some are more sensitive than others.

I actually think that if people have any type of gastroesophageal reflux, they tend to have vomiting on the come up because the lower esophageal sphincter is sensitized.
Interesting for me. I DO regularly suffer reflux. My Partner, she of the technicolor yawn, does not experience reflux.
Yes, '...bliss afterwards'. I was surprised the upchucking I didn't seem to diminish the experience.

I can count on the fingers of one finger how many times I've vomited on MDMA. That was only because I was in a situation where I couldn't relax into the experience (standing in a massive queue at a late night store in Manchester waiting to buy some fags and going up like a fuckin rocket). Luckily, I made it outside before projectile vomiting into the nearest alley.

I've also never thrown up on crack. All of my 'crack buddies' at the time used to rate the gear by how much it made them sick. :\

Though my weak spot was heroin. I've lost count of the many happy chunders I've endured on that shit.

So yeh, powerful drugs can empty your guts one way or another (and throwing up is preferable to the alternative).

I reckon it's the combination of excitement, anxiety and doing too damn much.

200mg? That's quite a hefty dose if it's good shit...