• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Question about marijuana

Status
Not open for further replies.

retherenn

Greenlighter
Hey guys. I have this really stupid question, but I really want to know the answer to it. So my question is this, is it still able to make a living in this day and age when marijuana is getting legalized, a lot of people are growing it themselves, there's a lot of people who sells it? Because I personally think, that it would be impossible to make a living out of it. It would be to hard to start business, as there's to many other sellers. Also there's a thing with legalizing it. But then I read interesting article saying, that legalizing, won't defeat black market. And the reason for it is that, legal growers, will have to pay taxes to government and that means, that they're prices will be kinda high, but also quality will be better. So that means, that you could buy good quality product legally, but you'll have to pay 20 dollars, when for 10 you would be able to buy something of lesser extent. I'm not really sure if this is right or not, because I live in a country where marijuana is banned and these numbers are not exact, but I use them just to give you general idea. So what do you guys think. Does one could make a living today out of selling marijuana? Thank you all for your answers.

If you are asking if it is possible to have a successful business in the cannabis industry after it has become legalized, then you need to look no further than the headlines in the news about the states that legalized it for recreational use, or even states that have medical cannabis programs set up. The more lucrative a market it is then the more saturated that market will be in all likelihood. I think an analogy might be that everyone can't make it as a miner during a gold rush, but the ones that do can really make a lot of money.

If you are asking if it is possible to make a living selling cannabis illegally on the black market- then this thread will probably get shut down really quick. might want to clarify. Really really bordering on price discussion here as well..

So you want to be a shot caller, huh?

Maf is right. The states that are legal are basically saturated at this point. There is room for pot-related business here (such as taxi service with a high, etc, etc), but the sellers are plenty here. If you want to sell legally, you can still do it but the competition is very stiff, and you'll probably get fucked hard.

Anyway, look into any of the states that are about to legalize like Nevada, California, Massachusetts, Michigan, Arizona, Vermont, Maine, Missouri and Rhode Island. Move there and get your license on DAY ONE of legalization and you'll have a great chance to mark yourself into history. California is probably the most ripe place to be looking at doing something like this.

Now go get em!

Don't bother. Plenty of people in California who have been growing weed for a really long time are getting driven out of business by the dropping prices. Only people with a big enough operation to offset dropping prices by increasing production can really make good money in the industry, and that means more hard work and risk to make the same amount of money every year. The small growers are being swallowed up by the falling prices. The more reasonable option for someone wanting to enter the industry would be working as a broker, shipper/smuggler, middle-man etc. Those people make a lot of money by working in between the producer and the suppliers, and they don't really have to work their ass off 24/7 like a grower or a dealer does, but they take considerable risk in terms of getting caught by the police, getting robbed or getting ripped off (which happen a lot). I'm sure the suppliers, dealers and dispensaries probably make great money, but I have no idea how that works. I haven't really had any exposure to pot dealers since I was about 16 years old. I always assume most pot dealers are high school or college kids. Any adult who works as a drug dealer has usually graduated from weed to real narcotics.

^ And plenty more will get driven out of Cali when it becomes legal. Cali has a very liberal medical system that does not reflect actual legal business.

It also has a shit ton of pot. Lot's of opportunity as far as I can see for when it does become legal there. It's anyone's game because the laws haven't even been hashed out for California yet.

CD/BL is not the place to theorize about supplying drugs

Status
Not open for further replies.