• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids Question about IV subutex

pnut3844

Bluelighter
Hey guys, quick question. A buddy of mine had some subutex and couldn't find anything else. Like an idiot he shot 4mg of it and of course as soon as he did, something came through. He wants to know how long he has to wait to take opiates if he IVed the sub. I saw someone on a site say orally is like 24-36 hours but IV is only a few, bc it goes straight to the blood stream and is spread out fast. Does anyone have an answer? He doesn't wanna waste what he picked up.

I found this online:

"The terminal half-life ranges from three hours after intravenous administration to 28 to 37 hours after sublingual administration. It is unclear why there is such a difference in half life depending on the route of administration but this may be related to sequestring of buprenorphine in the oral mucosa."

So in theory my friend should be good to take hydrocodone 3-6 hours after IV?

It's difficult to answer your question, it's very specific. Everyone is different and half life of drugs are quite different from their subjective effect on your body, neurotransmitters and tolerance.

It's difficult to answer your question, it's very specific. Everyone is different and half life of drugs are quite different from their subjective effect on your body, neurotransmitters and tolerance.
My friend took some hydro 3 hours after the bupe, and he said they worked. He has a high metabolism so I'm sure that played a factor.

You've got at least 24 hours before any straight Opioid-agonist will really give you the full monty. Anything before that and you'll be kicking yourself for wasting your money. I'm aware of what the literatur says regarding the different half-lives relative to the different routes of administration, but I don't believe there to be a truly significant difference in the course of action of Buprenorphine (Subutex) regardless of the ROA.

Some poeple inject Buprenorphine, yes, but that can still hold them easily for an entire day. I'd say, at most, there is a 20% reduction in thw totality of time when injecting Buprenorphine. People do it for what they hope is a "rush", but this is still typically followed by a normal course of action.

36 hours is your best bet, but at least 24.