• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Question About Harm Reduction To Lungs

Eenepep

Greenlighter
Hello, so from time to time I acquire a bunch of pressed M30 pills (supposedly, from what I believe, is a really watered down version of Fentanyl in a pill form). I take this to help treat my mood, and help with tinnitus, since doctors don't want to prescribe me medications for that.

The thing is that I crush those pills down and I inhale them, through a straw, so they go straight to my lungs. The stomach is the organ in the human body that breaks down anything you eat or whatever. But in this scenario, physical powder is going down to my lungs. Doesn't this all build up over time in the lungs, and it doesn't go anywhere?

From my minimal research, I get this cough suppressant (OTC liquid drug called Dextromethorphan, which is in all cough medicines) from the dollar store, but ALSO this cough suppressant has Guaifenesin (an expectorant). An expectorant is intended to treat congestion. From what I highly believe, correct me if I'm wrong, that all this powder in my lungs eventually becomes mucus sitting in my lungs. So that means that this expectorant should treat that, and make me cough up all that excess powder from my lungs. Is what I am saying correct? Please, if you want to reply, link me to external sources that show this data.
(Also to point out, every time I start the M30s, I start taking this cough medicine daily while ingesting the Ms.)

Also, do you know of any other additional methods for treating leftover powder sitting around in the lungs? And please, again, link me to external sources that shows this data.

(If external links aren't allowed on this forum, then please give me the directions on how you found the source. For example: Searched "12345" on Google, and clicked on the 5th link of the results.)

Thank you so much!

I would say firstly it's advisable to check whether you're really getting fentanyl in your pills. You can check via a pill identifier online if you Google that. You may also wish to test your stash, which is really the only way to accurately determine what drug is in those pills.

It's generally not a good idea to inhale pills, they contain binders and colourings etc so outside of being bad for your lungs it's not a super efficient way to consume them. How come you decided to consume them like that?

Do you mean you are snorting them? In that case... Just suck in really light so that it coats your nasal passages and doesn't go into your lungs ( a little bit might still) . Alternatively... You can usually smoke those fent pills on foil which isn't exactly healthy either but you won't get any powder in your lungs.

If you mean you are just crushing the pills are sucking it into it a straw through your mouth directly into your lungs.... uh.... Don't do that.

Hello everyone, sorry for my late reply. I wanted to give this post a bit of time to have multiple people respond.
[For clarification: I crush down the pills using a filer. Not sure about linking outside of this forum, so I'll give you directions to get to a picture of what I use:
1) Go to Walmart's website
2) Search for: "2pc Metal Foot File Scraper Pedicure Callus Remover Scrubber Hard Rough Dry Skin" (copy-paste that into the search field).
3) First result, you will see a picture of 5 colorful filers with a foot next to them.
4) Click that picture for a bigger picture. See that metallic part on top of the plastic handle? That metal part is easily removable from the plastic handle. I use that to crush down the pill to very fine powder].

fromuponpoppyhill: I understand that snorting the powder is not a very clean method of consuming the pills. It is most effective from my experience. I don't like swallowing part of the pill for an effect 30 minutes later; I like the feeling instantaneously, just like every other addict out there.

Pickledlemons: Yes I snort them (not through my mouth, but through my nostrils. I inhale very quick on intention to send the powder down to my lungs). I'm aware of smoking them, but they are very nasty when the smoke goes in my lungs. I don't like that method. Also, I snort them in the house; I don't want to go outside every time I do them.

falsifiedhypothesi: Not through the mouth, straw in nostril to lungs.

I appreciate all the replies.
But is anyone aware of methods, like I asked in my initial post, to help clean out the lungs from excess solid waste that builds up in my lungs over time?
Thanks

Hello everyone, sorry for my late reply. I wanted to give this post a bit of time to have multiple people respond.
[For clarification: I crush down the pills using a filer. Not sure about linking outside of this forum, so I'll give you directions to get to a picture of what I use:
1) Go to Walmart's website
2) Search for: "2pc Metal Foot File Scraper Pedicure Callus Remover Scrubber Hard Rough Dry Skin" (copy-paste that into the search field).
3) First result, you will see a picture of 5 colorful filers with a foot next to them.
4) Click that picture for a bigger picture. See that metallic part on top of the plastic handle? That metal part is easily removable from the plastic handle. I use that to crush down the pill to very fine powder].

fromuponpoppyhill: I understand that snorting the powder is not a very clean method of consuming the pills. It is most effective from my experience. I don't like swallowing part of the pill for an effect 30 minutes later; I like the feeling instantaneously, just like every other addict out there.

Pickledlemons: Yes I snort them (not through my mouth, but through my nostrils. I inhale very quick on intention to send the powder down to my lungs). I'm aware of smoking them, but they are very nasty when the smoke goes in my lungs. I don't like that method. Also, I snort them in the house; I don't want to go outside every time I do them.

falsifiedhypothesi: Not through the mouth, straw in nostril to lungs.

I appreciate all the replies.
But is anyone aware of methods, like I asked in my initial post, to help clean out the lungs from excess solid waste that builds up in my lungs over time?
Thanks
I never thought of the lungs getting a build of of by-product but as whatever drugs you sniff get absorbed in your nasal cavity or what stick to the sides in your airway/throat,I never thought of substances as physically making the trip into the lungs..

when you snort drugs, some of it does end up in your lungs. this is terrible for you. i think it was opana er that had silica particles small enough to cause silicosis.

op, the idea behind snorting drugs is for them to be absorbed through the mucus membrane in your sinuses. trying to get the powder into your lungs is pointlessly unhealthy. that is objectively not the way to snort drugs.

i’ve never heard of guaf being useful for this issue.

@hydroazuanacaine makes a very important point. The goal of insufflation is not to get it in your lungs, it's to get it to sit in your nose. Inhale more gently through your nostrils so as to avoid getting it in your lungs (as much as possible).

Hello everyone, and of course, thank you for your replies.

Just a little pin: Okay, thank you for your reply. That's good news I guess that the product never really makes it to the lungs.

hydroazuanacaine: Thank you for your reply and confirmation of the post before yours. So the powder doesn't really make it down to the lungs, and gets stuck on the mucus membrane in the sinuses. That's really good news. And the post after yours says I should sniff more gently, which sounds like a great idea if my body absorbs through the mucus membrane. Quick question though! So when it gets absorbed this method, where does the "excess leftovers" end up going. I'm sure the mucus membrane doesn't absorb 100% of it. Would you happen to know what happens to the left-overs? Thanks.

fromuponpoppyhill: Okay that's a really good point that I should inhale more gently. Thank you for educating me in this. So the powder isn't really making it down to my lungs, and like in the post before yours, states that it gets absorbed by the mucus membrane in the sinuses. So the powder stops before reaching the lungs. That's really good news if that's how I get the feeling.

Endopharm: Thank you so much for this suggestion!
NAC: "N-acetyl cysteine is used by the body to build antioxidants. Antioxidants are vitamins, minerals, and other nutrients that protect and repair cells from damage. You can get NAC as a supplement or a prescription drug."
I'm looking on eBay for a good quality NAC supplement. So when I take my medication, I can take this supplement with it.
I really appreciate you mentioning this.

Well at least you aren't inhaling them through your mouth lol, you just phrased it in a strange way originally. It's still not good to snort.

It's going to get into your lungs especially if it's a fine powder. The finer you crush the material the more will make its way past your nasal cavity into your lungs, at least that's my experience with fine powders.