• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids Question about finishing suboxone regimen

MoreFeens4Morphine

Bluelighter
I was released last Thursday from a residential rehab I went to in order to divert going to jail. I was released with 5 8mg suboxone tablets and took 3 the day I got out and boofed the last 2 on Friday (it hits me harder when I shove it up my ass, sorry lol)

In any case while I was in rehab I was given one 8mg tablet every morning for somewhere around 14-16 days. I tried taking a large dose of poppy seed tea last night and I got a headache from hell and my body felt like it was in an oven. Today I feel fine. I've never experienced any withdrawal symptoms yet and I'm just wondering if I'm going to have to wait longer than a typical 2-3 day period to feel the effects of my poppy seed tea again (that's my opiate of choice just since it's easy to get and cheaper than pills).

So that's essentially my question. After being on a suboxone regimen of one 8mg tablet every morning for approximately two weeks, and then taking 5 tablets within 2 days after that how long do you guys THINK I should wait to try taking PST again? I know the answers will differ and there won't be any "concrete" answers but I'm just looking for what people here think that might have a similar experience to mine.

Also want to note I took 3 pounds instead of my usual 2 because I wanted to make sure I actually felt it and when I get those headaches I believe that's a sign of too much thebaine but I could be wrong.

Any and all help is greatly appreciate fellas.

Thanks for your help, and I am now 27 days without alcohol! :) (what I really wanted to quit while in rehab)
Enjoy your day folks!

My husband was doing a suboxone study at one time and had to stop because he had to have surgery. They told him that he had to go a full week after coming off the suboxone before he would be able to take opiates again and they were not lying. He tried to take the pain pills a couple of days before the week was up and also got the bad headache along with nausea. That is how the suboxone works to get you off of the opiates. They figure that by getting these symptoms from using opiates while suboxone is still in your system you will want them to stop and stay away so you will avoid using opiates again combining the 2 in your system.