• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Question about fentanyl patch roas and times to kick/peak

ill_be_ur_krillin

Greenlighter
Question about fentanyl patch roas and times to kick in/peak

Hi! Im new here and looking for some advice. So Ive been using opioids recreationally off and on for 20 years or so. Everything from T3s (codiene)all the way to quality heroin. I should note that Ive never IVd my drugs, and I never will, it scares me too much. Oxycodone has always been my favorite (i miss those OC 80s) but with prices @ $1 a mg, I find it hard to afford. Anyways, lately Ive been taking hydromorphone to reach my happy place. I usually do around 26mg at a time, a few hours apart. I can handle 100mg over 8 hours no problem. However even though the hydromorphone kicks in quickly, it is short lived. Well, Ive got some 100mcg/hr fentanyl patches Ive been holding onto, they are the fully sticky ones, not the gel. Ive only had patches once before and they were the 25mcg/hr. Back then I remember putting the sticky side to the inside of my cheek with very good results. I wanted to be careful with the 100mcg/hr bc who wants to OD right? So I cut the patch into four equal pieces (I read that with these patches it will be close to evenly dividing the fentanyl). I then took one of the four pieces and cut it in half supposedly making two 12.5mcg/hr stickys. I placed one half on my cheek like before and the other half on the inside of my elbow like where you would get an IV. After about an hour of not swallowing my spit, and moving it around my cheek, I started chewing it until it was basically gone. The other half is still on my arm. This was about 3 hours ago and I still feel no opioid effects. How should I use the other 3 pieces so I can get the nod and itch Im looking for? I prefer a faster heavier onset than having to wait hours for a long slow buzz, even if it means I lose some due to the BA. Thanks for your time!

Last edited:
i would not mess around with that stuff dont take a bunch of those patches because you dont feel anything
THEY ARE A 3 DAY DOSE! and the 100mgh are the strongest ones you can find
fentanyl is a pretty strange opioid and i have found it to be unpredictable
i have been using them for chronic pain and have only been putting them on my skin now and that shit will sneak up on you..
i have been using some opioids recreationally with my DOC being Oxy
the high from fentanyl is very less euphoric then Oxy
but it does hit you quicker and harder.

try smoking some weed that always made me feel so light headed and high while i was on those
i would not try the rest of those patches today

Here's some information on Fent but you have to realize that you're playing with fire when dealing with this stuff. It was smart cutting up your patch into smaller pieces, but if you take another with what's already leaching into your arm and what you've already eaten, the next piece could put you over the line. Try to have someone with you at least to get help if it's needed. Waiting for everything to clear your system before trying again is second best to forgetting the whole thing. Remember the buzz is not all that euphoric like traditional opiates either, chasing the high can kill you as well. Please stay safe and proceed SLOWLY.

Both the plasma fentanyl concentration and bioavailability of fentanyl will vary depending on the fraction of the dose absorbed through the oral mucosa and the fraction swallowed. Approximately 25% of the total dose is rapidly absorbed from the buccal mucosa and becomes systemically available. The remaining 75% is swallowed, is slowly absorbed from the stomach, and then undergoes first-pass metabolism in the liver, with a bioavailability of 33%. Thus, the overall observed bioavailability of transmucosal fentanyl is approximately 50% of the total dose

https://bluelight.org/vb/threads/491267-Fentanyl-Megathread-and-FAQ/

Thanks guys, I took the one off my arm and sucked/chewed it until it was gone. I can at least feel it now, and it does feel like what I may have swallowed is working its way through my system now. I can tell the high is for sure a different type than the opi high Im used to. I understand how extremely dangerous this drug is and I am being very careful not to do to much at once. I plan to let whats in me run its course before i do anymore. Thanks for the great advice guys!

Just another caution here, please be very careful not just with the patches but with anything else which could increase their efficacy. I have a very unassuming drug (and for HR purposes I'm not saying what it is) which essentially can double the effect. Im prescribed fent patches for pain but I try not to use them, as has been pointed out, they are a multi-day dose.