• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Question about Fentanyl 100mcg patch

Status
Not open for further replies.

FunctionlJnkieGal

Bluelighter
So I got a couple of 100mcg patches. I put it on the right side of my chest, changed my mind, took it off and moved it to the left side, then covered it with tegaderm. Not sure why its not working. Could it be that the adhesive (its not the gel type) won't re-stick once taken off? Or is it simply my ridiculously high tolerance? I was hoping to wear it for a few days to make it last, but I wanna get my dough's worth. Should I just take it off and cut it into 16 pieces to eat little by little (the method I use if I want to use it recreationally)? I know that's a dangerous practice, but as I've been taking opiates daily for 7 or 8 years, I've found that I can eat a 100mcg patch without any worry of ODing (as long as the pieces are tiny and I eat them in intervals over the course of 1 day). It would just suck if I had to do it that way instead 'cause I know it would only last a fraction of the time it would if I were to wear it. In all honesty, the only time I felt anything from wearing it was the very first time I tried fentanyl years ago (and good God did I feel great for 3 days). I just assumed that because I haven't done fentanyl in a while that it might work by using it "the recommended way" but its been several hours since I applied it and I feel nothing. Could I have screwed myself over by removing the patch then reapplying it?

Last edited:
I wish you could get a response for this! Did you have any luck? I put on a 100mcg patch and felt amazing after a few hours. But then I got kind of nauseous and took it off. I really don't want to waste it! Does anyone have any luck of taping it back down and using a heating pad? Or cutting a little off a used patch. I keep reading there are threads for this question but I certainly can't find any. Oh and I have the Mylan brand.

You should send a private message next time rather than recovery a dead thread.

The cause of this forum is harm reduction, so it is unlikely that you will receive any answers as to how you can get the most high from your patch. You should just use it as intended, 100 mph each hour is a relatively large amount and should give you a buzz. You have to leave the patch on for several hours before you reach an amount that you can feel. For myself it takes between 8 - 12 hours before I can feel it noticeably. Normally I have a hard time reapplying it if removed.

As for cutting it up I know nothing. I don't know if the fentanyl is evenly divided upon the patch to you can calculate the exact amount of fentanyl you take. The difference between an amount that makes you high and an amount where you OD is very small, thus making it very dangerous and by no way something I would suggest.

But if people do it anyway, I don't know if anyone could consider how to due it in the safest possible way. You probably shouldn't be alone if you do it.

I wish you could get a response for this! Did you have any luck? I put on a 100mcg patch and felt amazing after a few hours. But then I got kind of nauseous and took it off. I really don't want to waste it! Does anyone have any luck of taping it back down and using a heating pad? Or cutting a little off a used patch. I keep reading there are threads for this question but I certainly can't find any. Oh and I have the Mylan brand.

you don't want to put a heating pad to it, from what I know that makes it release a lot more fentanyl, which can be dangerous. My dad has the same type you got, Mylan, and when it's fallen off at the hospital they did tape it back on. And transdermal application has a way higher BA (90%) compared to Buccal, so just stick with that. It's what the patch was designed for, taking it any other way would/could be very dangerous.

I see you revived another thread on this topic, so I'm going to close this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.