Question about dosing, high T levels (HRT, FTM)

A lot of soccer coaches used to forbid ejaculation to players prior important games so maybe folk wisdom is the answer. No ejaculation – high testosterone – well played game?

A lot of soccer coaches used to forbid ejaculation to players prior important games so maybe folk wisdom is the answer. No ejaculation – high testosterone – well played game?

Hey? Sorry I'm sorta thick sometimes are you referring to me not being able to shoot kids in people's mouths while riding as per lil Nas X?

I don’t know really know anything about lil Nas X so don’t get it really.

I didn’t mean to offend you and sorry if it appeared like that.

I just wonder if it might affect hormonal balance. I’m pretty sure sex life/ejaculation affect hormones in some, it works in other direction (people experiencing change in libido and amount of ejaculate while on steroids while using them and also upon stopping it, especially those who went over with them).

Yeah. I can see the difference. Science is really not my strong point and I don't understand all the acronyms - do you mind explaining like I am 5? Is it two different types of testosterone? My shots currently will be spaced this next try at 14 weeks 2ml of reandron. If that doesn't work, I may have to try the daily gel or actually look into having it compounded I think to suit my needs specifically. We have chemists which can do that.

Ha. Yeah it's the autism. When I got put on staff I got told to ease up and I try to unless it's something like this and more information helps people answer my posts as we don't go back and forth with as many questions.

At this stage I have a couple of options left for legal T - daily gel, or compounded T, so I'll see if that is something I can do and go from there. Will also look into my adrenals when I see my GP this coming week.

Thanks for everyone's further input.
Have only heard bad things about the gel- in terms of stability/predictability, fyi

Hey? Sorry I'm sorta thick sometimes are you referring to me not being able to shoot kids in people's mouths while riding as per lil Nas X?
I think they're more referring to the fact there is an old myth in sports that sex/ejaculation will tank your T. Old boxing coaches used to tell their boys to abstain for weeks-months before a match, because they thought it would give them the "high T' advantage, or that if you were getting laid all the time you'd be too lazy and happy to be vicious enough to win. Obviously not much medical truth to it. There's a reason its an old myth, but unfortunately has been revived with a makeover- "NoFap will raise test!" Etc

I don’t know really know anything about lil Nas X so don’t get it really.

I didn’t mean to offend you and sorry if it appeared like that.

I just wonder if it might affect hormonal balance. I’m pretty sure sex life/ejaculation affect hormones in some, it works in other direction (people experiencing change in libido and amount of ejaculate while on steroids while using them and also upon stopping it, especially those who went over with them).

Oh no you didn't offend me I just have never heard of what you said, cause like obviously for me growing up playing sport I have never heard that saying before. I guess looking back on my years playing lacrosse a few of the guys made some jokes about it though actually so I have heard it. But it never clicked with me that that was why like they never mentioned it lowering their testosterone they just would mention how they didn't want before the game.

I can't remember why I mentioned lil Nas X but it was probably something about just the fact that he has a song with that lyric in it and it's amusing. I honestly just didn't get what you were saying.

Sorry for my lack of reply, I've been offline and off most social media for a couple weeks to deal with some personal matters which have sort of taken precedence in my life for a bit but wanted to update anyone who had offered me advice.

My levels are still too high. I'm meant to be between 10-15 in the trough. Trans men are dosed lower than cis men due to cardiovascular risk and I look like a lumberjack but skinnier at this point and have passed as cis since less than a year on T, more like months and even before I started about 80% of the time, could use the men's room and all that fine if that's any help for like, why I'm entirely nonplussed about apparent low levels. I know of one trans guy who had a stroke due to being on T and had to stop taking it, and another who needs to do bloodletting so I'm entirely preferring to have lower, more stable levels as at this stage in my transition changes are minimal. I had my last huge kick last year in my heard going from patchy scruff to almost a decent enough beard which may one day properly fill in but already more than what a lot of cis guys have too, I'm tall enough and that was never gonna change anyway, my voice dropped lower than the normal 'trans guy' voice's so atm my only real concern is having healthy levels.

So T is at 19 after either 18 or 20 weeks since last reandron 3ml shot (usually 13 weeks apart.

Estrogen has dropped to zero due to hysterectomy. Obivously that's not ideal as even cis men need estrogen. So I'm taking replacement therapy for that and I knew that was a possibility. That is a patch I change twice a week. I made my decision for surgery knowing full well that this could happen and I actually asked for it due to being tired constantly and sweating a lot, which I p initially put the tiredness down to expresso depresso due to life events ;but with the sweating I'm like hmmm this feels about like my body is lacking in something I need.

I have been swapped over to the gel. I soo understand your point @Red rum OG about it being inconsistent. However, I'm paying $100 a session to see this doctor and yeah she doesn't bill me if I walk straight back out the door, but the level just isn't doing the right thing. The gel is easier for her to fiddle with which obviously I need and as she's said I haven't ever been easy to stabilise. There's only so many factors she can change with the shot. There's more with the gel. Which don't involve me having to come back and see her for the administration of it.

I will update again in a couple weeks when I go back and see her. I'll be getting my support workers to make sure I change the estrogen patch and put on the testosterone when I start that twice weekly and once daily respectively. Thankfully I have the workers now because I could never keep a consistent dosing schedule with my mental health and autism previously.

Again sorry for not getting back to you mate I wasn't in any way offended. I sometimes just literally don't understand things like I had a client I work with tell me he failed drama cause when he asked how to do the essay the response was :how long is a piece of string' and I lent forward all adulty and mature and was like 'well, how long is a piece of string means.... Wait what the fuck does that mea' to his mum and she was just like 'how were you only diagnosed a year and a half ago' please don't assume I am upset. It I were, I would have told you that what you said was offensive (probably in a private chat, because unless someone is intentionally being a bigot there's no use dragging them) and pointed it out quietly. I probably just was tired when I wrote that or something. Thank you for taking the time to reply.

I wish they'd just let you use lower but more frequent dosing with a different Ester. Basically like the protocol for trt for cis men is: twice or once weekly shots. It's a local thing I guess, as here in the state I live in, it's typically testosterone cypionate once or twice a week for trans HRT which is basically the same as our cis male trt.

I wish they'd just let you use lower but more frequent dosing with a different Ester. Basically like the protocol for trt for cis men is: twice or once weekly shots. It's a local thing I guess, as here in the state I live in, it's typically testosterone cypionate once or twice a week for trans HRT which is basically the same as our cis male trt.

It's not so much that they don't let us. I could do it. But it wouldn't be covered by our pharmaceutical benefits scheme where my gel/shot is $7.50 per prescription due to being on disability or when I was a student and I'd be paying for a private script which would be anything from $40-$250 depending on what it was. I'm already on two private scripts I sometimes go without filling and that isn't something I can risk with testosterone.