• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids Question about dosage

flakrun

Bluelighter
Hello all.

I know this might be a hard question to give an exact answer on, as everyone are different. But what dosage would be considered a lethal/dangerous dosage of oxycodone, for an opiate native without tolerance?

Also, if I'm used to do 20-30mg of oxy few times a week, and had a week off. Would 30 mg be a too high dose, considering the one week pause in relation to tolerance drop?

Thank you

For an opiate naive person a dose of 40 mg or 80 mg a day can cause respiratory depression especially if taken with a benzo or alcohol. If you have been using 20 to 30 mg several days a week you probably have a bit of Tolerance built up. It's always good to use the buddy system and if it is not Pharmaceutical meds please test them before using them. Do you have Narcan available by chance?

I don’t believe 30mg would be an issue at all, if your body is used to it a few times a week. This is with true oxycontin, though, as if you got them off the street & they are blues, it’s most likely fentadope. Like @spammie nurse said, as long as you’re not mixing it with any benzies or booze, then you should be fine & it’s never ever a bad idea to have narcan around on you + a friend around, no matter the dosage.

cheers xo

I just want to echo and re-emphasize what's already been said:

If they're real Rx pills, no problem.

If they're not, who knows? With all the sketchy fakes with fent out there you may feel nothing, you may get high, or you may DIE.

PLEASE BE CAREFUL!

Hi guys. Thanks for taking time to answer my post.

I'm living in Europe, and getting real ones for sure. We don't really come by fakes too much, at least I never did. I think it's more of a problem in the US. I hope you guys stay safe, bless.

I took just 20 mg for the safe of safety, as I had a minor break as described above.

Thanks again guys, have a good night.

Tricky to say the least, I noticed when I started my cycles with stronger opiates I could never seem to truly figure out my bodies tolerance scale. For example I'd get absolutely wrecked on two .10 vicoden 3 days in a row. I'd take only 1 pill the next 3 days . On the last day I'd take 3 or 4 pills all at once but have a shorter duration of effectiveness then when I was taking two pills earlier in the week.

Especially after I got into oxy I'd use days in a row. Run out for a week, take the same dose after not having any for a week but have less of an effect then say day two or three before I took a break. It just always seemed like I was always either overwhelmed at inconvenient times, and underwhelmed when I expected to blast off.