Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Question about diethyl ether

garden gnome

Greenlighter
Hi ! :)
My cat wants to know how toxic is huffing ether. My cat can get some nice ether (not starting fluid) but she wants to know how really harmful ether is. She did a lot of research on recreational use of ether, but can't find information on toxicity of ether. She has found different informations that contradict each other - everything from information that ether kills brain cells and lowers cat's IQ to that is not really harmful at all. Sorry if my cat's english is not perfect, the reason is that my cat lives in non-english speaking country. My cat would be really thakful for objective information because she doesn't want to do ether if it is too harmful.

Yeah the contradicting information is probably due to there being a significant difference between one time use and chronic exposure.

Take the volatility of ether seriously, when you open up the container it evaporates rather quickly and that transparent vapor can spread around. Prevent the vapors from coming into contact with open flames or cigarettes etc.

I personally found it tricky to get psychoactive effects from ether, back when I tried it mine evaporated before I really got a decent experience. Still, assume that you will be more 'success'ful and prepare for impaiment of your motor skills / behavior etc.
Nobody else here can decide for you whether you ought to try a drug or not... but my personal view was that trying it once is probably alright and not the worst solvent / inhalant.. but not something to make a habit of either, whether it is considered pleasant or not.