• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Cocaine question about crack and benzos

xtcgrrrl

Sr. Moderator: SLR
Staff member
hi guys, I took an etizolam just prior to smoking some crack, for the purposes of reducing my paranoria and anxiety. It works in that respect but I'm not getting as high from the crack as I normally do. Did the etiz cause that, or maybe its just a subpar batch? it looks ok and I got the numb and all but I'm just curious as to the answer from you well-educated group. I think after this I'll just take a benzo for the comedown.

Any ideas?

Benzos never preventing me from getting high from cocaine, both in terms of powder and freebase.

Don’t know about etiz specifically though. My bet would be the rock you used was very good.

for me benzos always make the high better, i feel it more intensely and alot less paranoid.. probably not a very good rock

I would say benzo's in excess most definitely can diminish the high of any stimulant, or at least certain facets of it. I wouldn't say it would stop you from ringing your bell with that first hit, but IME any effects after that can be lessened(usually in a good way, but this is subjective), its best to keep the benzo dose as low as you can until the end.

Probably not the best rock, but who knows? How experienced are you with 'diazepines? I'm on Methadone Maintenance Therapy, and when I used to smoke crack I'd do it like this: Buy as much rock as possible, along with as many benzos as possible. Smoke crack until I have 2 rocks / decent sized crack bowls, then pop some benzos, with the goal being the benzos will kick in while I finish off the rock, and my crack high will transition into a methadone/benzo high with no fiending. It works for me.

how much Etizolam did you take. It is pretty potent on its own. Your base may have also been sub par. Numbers would help. How much Etizolam did you take.? I figure that would dampen the other chem.

I only took one bar, as I have a prior Xanax tolerance, but WHOA that shit was strong. I was slurring my words, (my parents noticed as I am deaf and cannot tell, but I blamed it on too much cough syrup, and I think they bought it as I was careful not to let it happen again.) Since then, when I partake of the hard, I take it in halves and only as needed to control anxiety and paranoia. Then late at night after the parents are asleep I?ll take a full bar IF NEEDED for sleep. I?m serious, I could not type for shit on this. And the crack is good too...I get a nice numb, doesn?t feel cut with speed or caffeine, which I hate cuz the racing heart is what I LEAST like about it. I was starting to think about taking a break from the shit cuz there wasn?t anymore good rush, but my dealer changed suppliers and now it?s back to the things I liked about it in the first place - good head rush, but short duration so I can get back to normal quick and get on with my life. I?m a mom so I?m a weekend warrior - only do it when kids aren?t here, so I?m not tempted to constantly reup. And ive been addicted to benzos before, and the wd is HELL. So imma be cautious with these fuckers.

Thanks for the feedback, guys!

I?ve been smoking crack on top of benzodiazepines for a few years now.

I would say yes, The benzos will definitely subdue the crack effects. If I take a strong dose of Xanax or klonopin before smoking rock, I notice each hit off the pipe feels like it ends suddenly and after smoking a few rocks I can?t really catch much of a high anymore.

It?s a subtle effect I notice more the less benzo tolerance I have.

Benzos don?t do much for me in combating anxiety or paranoia but I probably smoke too much rock...

Hey one more question. (My typing is horrible because I?m pretty high right now so thank god for predictive text or I?d never be able to do this post.) I wanted to ask if it?s ok to take gabapentin with crack. I?m prescribed 800 mg 4 times a day and I?ve abstained today because of the crack binge (I gotta finish it before my kids come over tomorrow night and so I?m up late watching movies and I?ll go to bed before dawn with the help of my etiz but I don?t want to skip my psych meds for too long cuz I know that?s no good and I know I?m gonna feel weird when I start taking them again (I skipped like 3 days prior to the crack cuz I know that they?ll diminish the high. I?ve said it in other posts but I?ll repeat here: I?m on zyprexa, which I KNOW from experience that it would have taken away the head rush which is what I most enjoy about this drug. And I also take Prozac which I avoid when doing ANY drug cuz I?m scared of serotonin syndrome. It happened to me once after a roll and I got really sick and almost went to the hospital but I got some good advice from here and it wasn?t THAT severe, just scary for a bit. (BTW, in the interests of harm reduction, I DO NOT recommend doing what I did and emphasize you MUST go to the ER for serotonin syndrome, even a light case, as it can be fatal.) So, getting back to my original question, would it be ok to take one gabapentin (omg it takes so long for me to spell that out because not only am I high as fuck but there?s no auto predictive for that word AND I have a fucking brace on my right hand and I use that hand for typing!!!! Ugh. But I?m gonna shut up now. And change my password cuz I think my parents know my password to this site cuz when I was clean I told them everything. I just picked up last month cuz of my cats death. But I go to AA and I?m not gonna use all summer cuz I have my kids and I?m never gonna let them see me high. They?ve seen me drunk, but only a few times and my oldest daughter knows I?m in AA and she?s been supportiveness of my sobriety so hopefully this will be my last slip. Wish me luck, guys. Good night!