• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Question about chlordiazepoxide *librium* compared to alprazalom, *xanax*.

XDLuva

Greenlighter
Hi I am curious about something, this isn't asking for medical advice but to those who have experience with any benzos- can or is chlordiazepoxide 25mg actually helpful to someone who say, would take a .5mg of xanax instead? What I mean is, all I know of it is a light benzo and no one wants to talk about it bluntly to the point I'd really appreciate to know, thank you.

I think it could be good for tapping you of benz.. Due to extreme half life of its metabolites witch i just can find in vito is active.

But i think as a dayly medication its not a good one and it will give you tolerance quickly!

i would defensively not say no to have this with some Diazepam when im going to get rid of my benzo addiction

20-30mg is equelent to 0.5mg Xanax tho.. Maybe on the + side..
But it will give more side effects i think (If used daily for some time)

and not give u the punch that Xanax can give you.. But also not the extreme rebound as Xanax

How about for someone going off a minor to moderate withdrawal of xanax? Would Libirum help at ALL?

I thought Librium was used more for alcohol detox than anything... But since its considered a "weak" benzodiazepine one obviously needs to take more to get any effect close to Xanax. Also as mentioned, the half life is so long there will be no punch like alprazolam. Its mostly used, as I believe, like Valium, for alcohol detox.

From where do you get it is a weak Benzo?
It's the first benzo to be discovered in 59 by a mistake at Hoffmann-La Roche but i don't find anything about it being weak binding?
I mean there is benzo's thaths realy good and strong that you still need to take in the 20-50mg range. ([FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Flurazepam and [FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Temazepam[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT])

And as for getting weened of from benzo i think it could be more effective then Diazepam!

Ya by mg it is but the efect of it i don't know haven't hade the chance to sample it..

Xanax being a more potent triazolo benzo with way shorter half life actually causes way more tolerance issues and dependency much quicker than small therapeutic sized doses of Librium learn a lil pharmacology and pharmacodynamics before assuming