• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Question about Benzo withdrawal.

rock&hardplace

Greenlighter
Hi Everyone,

Today, I am asking for you help. on April 7th, 2017 I obtained Thirty (30) 2 mg Xanax "Bars" and Ten (10) 0.5 mg Xanax little round blue pills. It is now April 24th, 2017. I am down to Two (2) Bars and 1/2 little blue pill.

I am having fear and ironically anxiety of withdrawal. I am horrible at math and I am trying to figure out the average of what i have taken per day in order to end up with what i have now. so far i have figured out that

it's been about 17 days since I got the 40 pills.
I have two 2 mg bars
I have 1/2 0.5 mg pills

Ultimately, i would like to ween myself off of them and i feel like knowing how much i have consumed on average, per day, will help me to calculate what how much i should take each day to ween off... I honestly am struggling to find the question or answer I am seeking. But if someone out there would like to do some math and determine if I need more xan then i have now, to ween off of. Or if I will be okay, with weening off.. with what I have left. ANY ADVICE on managing Benzo withdrawal would be helpful as well as i am sure i will have some due to taking 40 pills in under 20 days...:(

Well for 1, the round blue xanax are 1mg not 0.5 and for 2, if you don't have any prior dependency to benzos you will be fine. Maybe a little bit of insomnia & rebound anxiety. You're not in danger of seizures or anything crazy.

Just stop taking them and only if you get severe withdrawals approaching take 0.5 mg. You have to push through the rebound anxiety with nothing if possible except non benzos like herbs such as chamomile and skullcap that both have similar anxiety relieving effects that are just weaker.

It's very hard to tell sometimes what is rebound anxiety and what is withdrawal. At only 40 pills I think you'll be okay in terms of really serious effects, but I'd expect to be really on edge for a few days and maybe have a major anxiety attack or two.

Last edited:
You have been taking them for 2.5 weeks, you should be fine. Your brain will crave, but that will pass. You may get heightened anxiety for a couple weeks, but that will pass too. I will advise you to stop now. Xanax addiction is the worst thing that has ever happened to me. Still having parathesia 4 months after quitting. I can only stress this enough - DO NOT get addicted to Xanax.... sitting in an ER and setting off the EKG machine with seizures and puking all over the hospital is NOT GRACEFUL.