• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Question about benzo withdrawal and ambien

conorneversaid

Greenlighter
Hey, guys. I've been using etizolam at 2mg a day for a few months straight with days off and I start to feel light/medium withdrawals when i don't use for say... 24 hours. I have some Ambien and I'm wondering if that would inhibit the withdrawal in a negitive way. I want to take it because it helps but i dont want to go deeper into benzo withdrawal. I have used ambein 3-4 months into heavy benzo withdrawal and it only helped and did not hinder. Any answers would help. Thanks.

Maybe a little bit , especially after already have been using it for 3-4 months.
I'm coming off benzos right now and taking gabapentin small doses throughout the day 2-3 our of the week as well as at night seroquil to sleep but the constant feeling of having to go pee is so annoying I hate withdrawals lol

Well, zolpidem binds to BZD receptors, so if what you're asking is whether it will extend or prolong your WDs, the answer is most certainly, yes it will.
It may provide some very short term, minimal relief from WD symptoms, but you won't be doing yourself much good or any favors in the long run.

If you use it at all, I'd strongly suggest you keep it to an absolute minimum.

-PA

Ambien has a very short half life... i wouldnt depend on it solely for benzo WDs.. keep using it but try to get some gabapentin or kava kava

Increasingly, I'm beginning to think that life, long term on benzos is better than not. I just jumped back on the train after 9 months off after 1.5 years ago. That said, I tried seroquel, I tried kava, I tried etizloam (didn't work that well actually), and I tried gabapentin. Gabapentin worked the best, but I still found that it negatively affected my cognition, but not as bad as seroquel. Kava in high doses works well, but doesn't last very long and it gets really expensive ordering the good stuff. Seroquel caused incredible cognitive decline. My job is fairly complex finance, and my ability to write, accurately enter data, create financial models... all was absolutely terrible. I could barely even speak without stuttering. But, I didn't feel anxious and slept great. I tried some black market ambien a bit, and it helped with sleep, but that's about it. No anxiety reduction during the day like seroquel. Ambien will prolong withdrawal.

Ask yourself why you want to quit. If you're a hardcore junkie and popping 10mg a day of xanax, maybe it's best to stop. I used 10mg of diazepam a day, and I had zero side effects. From the research I've been able to discern, you either can get off benzos easy, or you can't. If you can't, it might just be wise to accept the fact that your brain chemistry is just ill-suited to modernity.

Damn you really believe in that idea of requiring benzos for life due to brain chemistry ? I mean, I just have a hard time thinking that some group of humans are born to suffer until humanity discovers benzos In order for them to live normally but hey insulin was like that who knows

I think he ment once you use benzos for a certain period of time you will need them forever and you will never turn back to zero. Atleast that is how it is for me and i was sober for 3 years at one point.

I think he ment once you use benzos for a certain period of time you will need them forever and you will never turn back to zero. Atleast that is how it is for me and i was sober for 3 years at one point.

Oh ok, my bad, misunderstood ?
I feel that way lately when I'm taking 30 mgs Valium a Xanax bar and some klonopin to feel okay to go to class and drink coffee... that was my day today and I fucked up all that work where I cut down from 3 bars a day to 10-15 mgs Valium fuck me