• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Question about Alprazolam Solubility

coleminor

Greenlighter
ok, I've read a bunch about this, on a bunch of different forums. People ask, they get treated like shit, yelled at, called an idiot, and the answer is never given, anywhere...

Let me state, that some people, even though the drug has a 90% bio-availability, do not digest things very well. myself being included. if I take a 2 MG bar, whether it's IR or ER... it doesn't matter, I feel nothing, if I take 2, I feel nothing... if I take 1, but crush it down to a powder and eat it, I eventually feel the effects, but unlike most peoples 20 min or so to feel anything, I'm usually waiting between 1 and 2 hours.. I'm not sure why this happens..

I suffer from really bad insomnia, not to mention, 1 to 1.5 weeks of every month, i party pretty hard, and will stay awake most that whole time on other drugs lol... some of them are pretty hard to come down off of, especially since even completely sober there are times where I can't sleep for days...

I'd really like to know a few things.. What all is alprazolam soluble in? I KNOW it's bad for me, I KNOW it could kill me, I KNOW you shouldn't bang pills, ect... Thanks in advance for the warnings.. But please, don't leave people to just experiment on themselves because no one will do anything but call them stupid, some people have their reasons. If I want a rush I'll get some H or some blow or some ice or a D or a blue... this ain't for that.. this is for when I really really need to sleep and can't either sleep or come down... This isn't something I want to do every day, it's something I'd do once in a while, once or twice a month tops.. if that... and whether I get any help or not, I'm going to find a way.. even if I gotta experiment on myself, cuz I've always guinne pigged myself with crazy shit everyone else was scared to try.. I know it's stupid, but there's been times where I really just didn't give a damn lol..

Is it soluble in lemon? Not the actual lemon, but like the lemon juice that comes in a fake plastic lemon you buy from the store? That shouldn't have the same dangerous bacteria's that just taking drops from fruit would have.. what about white distilled vinegar? I know it's soluble in proplyne glycol or so I've read at least, but I don't have any of that available.. I saw that Mio drink mix had that as one of it's main ingredients.. I attempted to mix a bar with that, then dilute with water.. burned like hell, worked somewhat.. Dunno though, probably pretty unsafe... If I'm gonna do something unsafe, I'd prefer to be unsafe in the safest way possible.. if that makes any sense.. I've also heard grain alcohal.. I've hear iso alcohal.. i don't know what's accurate and whats not.. i'd rather not try em all... Again, this is just something for when I urgently need to come down... like ASAP... I wouldn't mind a small rush attatched to it lol, one of the 2 times I succesfully did it I got a huge rush which was great.. but that's not what I'm aiming for, that'd just be an added bonus lol. I'm not sure many people understand what it's like to eat a pill and have to wait 2 hours to fall asleep... I'm not fat, so I'm assuming my metabolism is fine.. but this is also the same with marijuanna edibles.. they always get all my friends high, and half the time when I make edibles people halucinate.. but I eat out of the same batch, 3 or 4 times more than the hallucinators... and I feel jack shit.. it's not like I shit out a cookie or brownie whole and didn't digest it.. I don't find bars poking outta turds floatin in the toilet... my body is def breaking the stuff down, but not absorbing things like it should.. can anyone give me a good solubility report on alprazolam? and maybe some ideas as to why I cant seem to feel anything when I eat things like space brownies or crushed alprazolam? the alprazolam I do usually feel just after a very long time, and I'd imagine not as strong as it should feel.. the brownies I never feel anything, even though the same batch works wonders on anyone else who eats em... I've even had edibles from a dispensary which did jack shit to me but blasted all my homies to the moon... Soooo confused..

thanks all

you don't need to "digest" an alprazolam pill for it to be absorbed. even the smallest amount of moisture and the churning of your stomach will cause the pill to disintegrate and by the time it reaches the lower intestine absorbtion has begun.

if you feel that having the pill dissolving too slowly is an issue then smush it up, suspend the powder in water and wash it down as a shot. or take it sublingually.

alprazolam is soluble in high proof ethanol (95+), isopropanol, acetone, ethyl acetate, chloroform, dichloromethane, propylene glycol, polyethylene glycol etc.
it is not soluble in "fake lemon" nor is it really soluble in acidic water.

none of those solvents are anything you want to inject. alprazolam is not a benzo that is designed for injection and there's no way around that.

if 2mg of xanax orally doesn't provide you effects then I absolutely guarantee it's tolerance and not some sort of problem absorbing the drug. i bet you money there's still alprazolam in your blood after you eat a few bars.

as for why pot brownies dont work for you.. some people are way more used to the rapid rush of smoked thc rather than a slow comeup. try eating one after a long tolerance break.

you don't need to "digest" an alprazolam pill for it to be absorbed. even the smallest amount of moisture and the churning of your stomach will cause the pill to disintegrate and by the time it reaches the lower intestine absorbtion has begun.

if you feel that having the pill dissolving too slowly is an issue then smush it up, suspend the powder in water and wash it down as a shot. or take it sublingually.

alprazolam is soluble in high proof ethanol (95+), isopropanol, acetone, ethyl acetate, chloroform, dichloromethane, propylene glycol, polyethylene glycol etc.
it is not soluble in "fake lemon" nor is it really soluble in acidic water.

none of those solvents are anything you want to inject. alprazolam is not a benzo that is designed for injection and there's no way around that.

if 2mg of xanax orally doesn't provide you effects then I absolutely guarantee it's tolerance and not some sort of problem absorbing the drug. i bet you money there's still alprazolam in your blood after you eat a few bars.

as for why pot brownies dont work for you.. some people are way more used to the rapid rush of smoked thc rather than a slow comeup. try eating one after a long tolerance break.

Thank you, that's one of the most informative responses I've seen on the subject. Sublingual tastes so horrible lol, but if it works, fuck it i'm down. Do you think it'll work quicker than crushing em? I've been crushing em like goodies powders n taking em that way, but still seems to take forever.

also, as far as tolerance, it's not that because I don't take them every day, I take a 2mg bar when I wanna goto sleep, but i don't do it every night because I don't have access to a large amount of them, so I use them very sparingly. one 2mg bar will completely knock me out if i crush it and take it like goodies, but it just takes freakin forever to hit me. once it hits, i don't even remember falling to sleep.. but last night the avengers was on TV, that's like nearly a 3 hour movie.. and it was on TV so add commercials... I took my crushed alprazolam and I didn't black out to sleep til 30 min after the movie was over.. I took it when the movie started... now the edibles thing could def be a tolerance issue cuz I smoke like a chiminey.. but my xanax tolerance should be pretty low. it's making me think somethin is wrong with my digestive tract or something..

Last edited:
I tried switching to ativan 2mg pills. Crushed them up in ice cold h2o. Worked great. Don't know how bad it is for you. Definitely do research before...