• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Question about Adderall Xr capsules

Coolgirl2014

Bluelighter
So I have used adderall on and off before. Normally i take the 15mg xr capsules and they always make me feel great. Recently i acquired some adderall 30mg xr capsules. I haven't used adderall in about a month or so and I understand tolerance builds but normally just a week off is enough to reset my tolerance.

My question is the past two days I've used the adderall xr 30mg capsules I haven't felt as euphoric and the nasty side effects have been so bad mainly headache, muscle aches and naseua.

The thing is because I haven't used for so long I have been splitting up the pellets in the capsules. I dump about half just into my mouth and the other half left stores in the capsule. I couldn't figure out why taking adderall this time felt different I really don't think it's a tolerance thing as I know my body but know I'm thinking maybe splitting the 30s is messing with the ingredients? Is it formulated a specific way so that if i split it up this could be why this is happening?

Or is my body maybe just getting used to the adderall again? I honestly don't care about increasing the euphoria mainly just reducing the negative side effects. I still feel really energetic and focused and stuff but the crash is just so much worse then I've ever experienced before using the 15mg capsules which I would take all at once.

Definitely not the formulation. The little beads are a mix of IR and ER and they look the same, so dumping half a cap out will still give the same mix.

You could be getting more of the xr beads and less of the ir beads when you split it up .. I take two 30mg xr all at once or just crush the beads(makes them almost all ir) and only do 30 mg

I just wanted to post an update. Maybe some people can split pills but I cannot. I took a regular 15mg xr (not split) and felt great again. Next day tried one of the thirtys but whole this time and not split again felt great. No bad side effects. For some reason splitting up the capsules must in some way mess with the drug in my body. Maybe it's because I have a fast metabolism?